To College Students Everywhere, In Their Last Few Weeks Of School

These will be the fastest weeks of your life.

523
Sarah Schwartz

College students everywhere; Congratulations! You've made it post spring-break! While we all have a different length of the semester to go, we all have one thing in common.

Summer is just around the corner, the countdowns have begun, and if you're a freshman like me, the communal bathroom and noisy hallway life are coming to a close.

While we're all excited about our awesome summer plans, new summer jobs, vacations, etc, there are some things we should all remember to make the most of these last weeks. We have to remember that some of those incredible upperclassmen we've met throughout this year are graduating before our eyes, and we (sadly) may never get to see them again, or only see them when we accidentally run into them while they're visiting the town.

On the same note, so many friends we've made throughout our classes in these two semesters might be taking completely different paths with their lives, and if you attend a big school, making time to see them isn't the easiest. Though we tell ourselves we'll keep in touch with the people we became close with, once the new semester starts, classes get harder, and our lives get busier, these people can fade away from our lives without us realizing.

One of my teachers always says that "six weeks fly by in six seconds." College may have its good days and bad days, but in the end, we remember the insanely great experiences, the wonderful memories we made, and that event you weren't going to go to, but ended up having the best time at. Make some room for allowing yourself to open up to spontaneous activities. I understand the people that like all their plans to be laid out and organized because I'm the same way.

However, the spontaneity of college brings out so much fun and so many great times that I can't imagine having. Pretty soon, fall semester will feel like two years ago, and those classes will seem like ancient history. That one bad grade you got in your first math class won't kill you, and if you continue working hard and getting the work done, everything will be okay.

And lastly, try to slow down. Don't wish the days away and hope that each day goes faster than the last. I already can't believe how fast time has moved this year, and I wish more than anything that days could slow down and I could have more time to see people I loved, take time for myself, and see everything my campus and my friends have to offer. Sadly, this isn't possible, but I try to reflect on each day as it comes and passes. I've taken value in the bad days because they only make my good days feel so much better.

Smile when you least feel like it, and sometimes, that may just make your day a thousand percent better. Plan a coffee date with someone you met the first semester and haven't talked to since. These are the people you have around you for the rest of your time at college, so you may as well have the best time you can.

But also, don't forget that Summer 2018 is right before our eyes!