Lasagna – Simple, Easy, Delicious

Lasagna – Simple, Easy, Delicious

My mama's Lasagna will always be my favorite.

72
Lasagna – Simple, Easy, Delicious
flickr.com

When I was growing up, if my mother were to ask me what I wanted for dinner, the answer was always the same “please cook my favorite – Lasagna”. No matter the occasion - sleepovers with friends, family reunions, pot-luck parties, I could never get enough of my mama’s Lasagna.

While her recipe may be a little untypical, it’s simple, easy to make, and delicious. I am passing it along for your enjoyment. I promise you, and anyone who tries it, will not be disappointed.

Bon Appetite!

Cook and prep time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 6 lasagna noodles
  • 1 large jar Prego Mushroom spaghetti sauce
  • 1 block Swiss cheese
  • 1 carton cottage cheese
  • 1/3 bag shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 spoonful of fresh minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
  • 1 onion chopped

Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the lasagna noodles at a boil; drain and set aside.
  3. Shred the Swiss cheese into thin slices and set aside.
  4. Cook and stir ground beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until the beef is completely browned.
  5. Stir sauce into ground beef; simmer until sauce has formed, 3 to 4 minutes.
  6. Pour about one-fourth of the meat/sauce mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
  7. Layer noodles on top of sauce.
  8. Spread the cottage cheese on top of the noodles.
  9. Evenly layer the sliced pieces of Swiss cheese on top of the cottage cheese.
  10. Pour the remaining meat/sauce mixture on top of the Swiss cheese.
  11. Top with shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
  12. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and brown on top, about 40 minutes.

Voila – Enjoy!