5 Times Lara Jean Was Relatable AF In 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'

For once, I found a teenage character that actually felt similar to me.

Keleri
Keleri
2655

In case you haven't heard about Netflix's original film "To All The Boys I've Loved Before," then you need to go find time to watch it. Seriously. I'm on my third time of watching it right now and I saw it for the first time yesterday. Some might say it's cheesy, but I'm a sucker for a good romance. I especially love characters that I can relate to!

Here are five times that "To All The Boys I've Loved Before's" protagonist, Lara Jean, was relatable AF:

1. When We First Meet Her. 

Honestly, from the moment we met Lara Jean, I connected with her. She started the movie out completely lost in her romance novel, which has pretty much been me since I started high school.

2. When We Find Out About the Letters. 

Honestly, who hasn't had incredibly intense crushes? The letters were LJ's way of figuring out her emotions and holding onto them. The fact that she also has experienced unrequited, unprofessed love in the same way that most of us have makes her incredibly relatable as a character.

3. The Diner Conversation With Peter. 

When Lara Jean is talking to Peter about why she's terrified of love, I seriously lost it emotionally. Love can be really scary, and I guess I never had an exact reasoning for it until LJ verbalized it for me!

4. When She Cleans Her Room. 

Obviously, everyone has different levels of cleanliness in their bedroom, but if I'm being honest, the state of my room very closely resembles that of Lara Jean's. Clothing was strewn everywhere and no particular organization. So when Lara Jean was down and cleaning her room, I felt it hit me right in my soul. I never seem able to clean my room unless I'm down, so this scene made me connect to LJ all the more.

5. Her Fear of Driving!

Although I've had my license for quite a bit longer than Lara Jean, sometimes the thought of getting behind the wheel can be terrifying, and I definitely remember how terrifying it was when I first started! For the first several months I pretty much tried to avoid driving whenever I could, so I definitely could understand why Lara Jean was so hesitant about putting herself in the driver's seat.