Ladies, It's Time to Start Dating Like Guys

Why guys have it right in the dating department.

25
s12.favim.com

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that every girl or guy acts this way. I am making a generalization based on personal experiences and encounters.

If there is one piece of advice I always give my friends, is to be a girl but date like a guy. Now I know this may be a little confusing, but let me break this down for you. Here are a few, "common" guy dating habits.

1. Talking to more than one girl.

Before people start blowing up in the comments section, I am talking about the very early stages of a relationship. For the most part, when a girl meets a guy she really likes, he becomes her main focus. She already starts planning out all the cute dates they're going to go on (pumpkin picking in the Fall, a picnic in the Spring, etc.) and she suddenly shuts out every other guy. Now, I hate to break it to you, but most guys aren't doing the same. Sure, they may like you, but they're still keeping their options open. While there is nothing wrong with focusing on one guy, don't put your blinders on after only two dates.

2. Having "Guy Time."

When girls enter a new relationship, he tends to become their whole world. They want to take cute pictures with him and check out new restaurants, and this is fine, until you start sacrificing yourself to do things with/for him. I think every girl can relate to being ditched by her friend for her boyfriend, or having him tag along to dinner with you. Guys make "bro time" and "me time" a priority, and you should to. If you're laying in bed watching a Lifetime movie and your news guy hits you up, don't feel bad saying no if you're perfectly content how you are.

3. Not overanalyzing every little thing.

"It's been 17 minutes and he hasn't answered my text, but he viewed my Snapchat Story 13 minutes ago. Does he not like me anymore?" Does this sound familiar? I can guarantee that every female who lives on planet earth has thought this before. We are all guilty of it, but it's so silly. Why are we letting ourselves get stressed out about this? If a guy likes you, he will let you know, plain and simple. They don't play games, they're not taking longer to answer to "appear mysterious" if he's ignoring your text he's not interested. Move on and find somebody who does, because you're freakin' awesome!