Girl Talk: F*ckboys & Loving yourself

Girl Talk: F*ckboys & Loving yourself

First, to all male readers, I would like to say, you are more than welcomed to join us in conversation as well.

108
Girl Talk: F*ckboys & Loving yourself
wikimedia

Welcome Ladies! You are currently reading my first ever girl power blog series- it's lit. Throughout this series I will receive and answer a few anonymous questions from ladies all over, ending in the best girl power advice I can give!

First, to all male readers, I would like to say, you are more than welcomed to join us in conversation as well. And to all my QUEENS out there, be encouraged, be empowered, be bold and keep glowing honey! Happy reading!

Question #1- "My best friend is dating a f*ckboy and she doesn't see it. What should I do?"

Well, this one can be bit tricky because you want to help her without her or her man getting salty. I would advise you to tread lightly. When a girl is ready to let a toxic relationship go, she just knows. If she is on the fence about it, continues to make excuses for his behavior etc, that is a clear indicator that she is simply not ready. And that's okay.

Every girl is different and therefore heals/moves on at a different pace. While I understand that you are just trying to protect your bestie, you don't want to push her away or belittle her while doing it. Offer support but avoid judgmental statements. Although I always encourage raw truth, sometimes you have to let people experience things for themselves before they can see it the way you do.

Question #2- "What tips can you give me to be more confident in myself"

I love this question. I'm all for self-love, I personally believe it is truly the key to happiness. As any young woman, I often struggle with confidence. Loving your true self is a lifelong process and it's absolutely something you have to learn to do. In the meantime, when you are not feeling the most confident try what I do...

Take an extra 20 minutes when getting ready in the morning. They say look good feel good, right? Something I learned from my grandmother that I often find myself doing is complimenting myself on post-it notes. I know it sounds corny and big headed but it is a good reminder when I sometimes forget. Try writing yourself little love letters or positive thoughts and stick them on the mirror. While mine often say things like "You got this", yours can be any words of encouragement you need at the time. That way every time you look in the mirror you are reminded of all the amazing qualities about yourself.

Good luck! Until next time ladies!