Kristen Bell's Attack On Snow White Is Sickening

No one can rewrite history, so let's stop trying.

106
Flickr

What ever happened to discussing your political views with other individuals being considered rude? Or prying to figure out where they might stand being deemed as intrusive?

Nowadays, people offer their opinions openly. However, many struggle to convey their own opinions without discrediting the validity of others'.

Celebrities are using their power to push political stances and reasoning onto those who choose to engage in their various platforms of media, and anytime someone famous decides to make a statement; it is out there for the world to interpret, and they know that. I mean, it is freedom of speech, right?

Recently, there has been scuttle about Taylor Swift coming out as an extreme leftist that will do anything she can to discourage voters from promoting Marsha Blackburn, a woman running for Senate in Tennessee.

In her Instagram post, Swift states, "As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values."

Do I agree with Taylor Swift politically and the picture that she is painting of Marsha Blackburn? Absolutely not. However, Swift's commentary is the bare minimum. By taking a public stance on political issues, you simultaneously lose and gain fans.

There are undoubtedly risks that are associated with going public about political ideologies, especially given the modern polarized world we are living in.

Conservatives may stop listening to Taylor, as many Liberals quit supporting Kanye West after he went public in supporting President Donald Trump.

I am not here to argue that stating your opinion is wrong by any means. However, there are celebrities taking it much farther than it needs to go, such as actress Kristen Bell.

According to the article, "Kristen Bell says "Snow White' kiss sends a controversial message about consent" by Christian Gollayan, Bell has made a private conversation that she has chosen to have with her children public.

Bell is quoted saying, "Don't you think that it's weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission? Because you cannot kiss someone if they are sleeping!"

This is downright ridiculous, and I am absolutely appalled to be a member of the world we are living in and further destroying today.

It is a CHILDREN'S book for crying out loud. Yes, consent is of the utmost importance... but was this comment really necessary? I look at it as an extremely sad attempt to be a relevant celebrity again.

The entire purpose of Snow White is for children to get wrapped up in the fairytale princess aspect of it, and no child should be forced to grow up questioning every little thing that may or may not be considered politically correct in this world of snowflakes that we have all become.

I mean, seriously, this story has been around for ages... the timing is impeccable. What is next? Are we going to blame Donald Trump for this, too?

I am disgusted by the angle that Kristen Bell decided to take here, insinuating a "lack of consent" in a German fairytale, famously turned into a Disney film in 1938. It has been eighty years; let it go and move on.

Enough is enough, and for the last time; NO ONE can rewrite history, so stop trying. The efforts are exhausting and embarrassing.