Korean Indie Songs You MUST Listen To

Korean Indie Songs You MUST Listen To

Introducing you to Korean indie music, from my Spotify list to yours!

3497
Korean Indie Songs You MUST Listen To
Photo by Mike Giles

If I am not listening to Daniel Caesar or Khalid (both whom I love a lot), I am listening to Korean indie music. Indie music is pretty underground in South Korea as well, but there has been an uprising for many indie artists. Songs that I will be sharing are all my personal favorites, but these are not in any particular order.

I hope that introducing you to these Korean songs will spark an interest in you so that you can explore more in not only indie, but ballads, KPOP, and K-Hip Hop as well!!

1. Till The End of Time by The Black Skirts

The slow, dreamy, instrumental beginning makes you feel some type of way. This is the perfect song to turn on on a snowy morning or even a rainy night. It might bring back memories that you do not want to remember or maybe you'll think about the good memories. Either a must listen!

2. I'll Be There by G.Soul (also I recommend listening to No Answer)

Introducing G.Soul! He has a romantic voice that literally will melt your heart. He is now under a label called H1GHER MUSIC and has released amazing music. These two songs were released right before he enlisted in the army in Korea, so maybe the title is meaningful... I'll be there... even when I am in the army.... :)

3. Bawling by Primary, OHHYUK

Jazz, R&B, indie, you name it. OHHYUK, also from the band hyukoh,collabed with Primary and it is the best thing on Earth. This is Korean R&B, my friends.

4. My Love by Urban Zakapa

This is a little different from what I have introduced, but I wanted to introduce you to Urban Zakapa! They are an underrated group, but they have been gaining a lot of popularity after the song I hate you. This song might not fancy you but you have to admit, their vocals are incredible! Powerful and so fresh! This is a song that is nice to listen to at a coffee shop, with your cup of coffee.

5. Aewol by Moonmoon

It seems that many of his fans want to keep him as their own little secret, but I am sharing with all of you guys! His voice is so sweet and calming and I love to listen to this song in the car. His fans say that they like listening to him late at night or in the early mornings.

6. Cigarette by offonoff, Tablo, Miso

Absolutely a must listen. That's it.

7. Everything by 10cm

This guy's voice is heaven. It's incredible. I like listening to 10cm on a sad, snowy day. You might say his style is pretty folky, which makes it really different from the rest of the songs in Korea, but I am obsessed. This song especially has a bit of a folky tune to it, maybe because of the snare, but his voice fits so well with the instruments, it's wonderful.

8. rather be along by Nafla

Nafla is extremely underrated. Not a lot of people know who Nafla is. I didn't either until my dear friend introduced me to him and I fell in love. Very different vibe from my other recommendations but that's what I love about this! This song is a bit more hip-hoppy than the rest because Nafla is a hip-hop artist. Interesting fact is that Nafla is actually from downtown Los Angeles! As a fellow Californian, I am excited to introduce you to Nafla.

9. I Am Blue by 1415

1415 is probably more underrated than Nafla. The same friend who introduced me to Nafla introduced me to 1415 and again, I fell in love! This song is so catchy and a great song to listen to when I'm on my way to school in the morning. Something about it is so uplifting and gives me energy.

10. Wanna Love You by Paul Kim

Paul Kim is one of my favorite artist and this is a pretty old song of his but a good one! This guys voice is heavenly and jazzy, making it the best combo ever. Let me know if you are pressing replay!! Paul Kim is an incredible singer and I listen to every single one of his songs, and I recommend you do the same!

These are just my personal faves, so if these songs aren't your style, don't let it stop you from exploring more of Korean music!