Pixar's 'Kitbull' Is An Animated Short Filled With Heartfelt Lessons
Film

Instead of forcing yourself into this cyclical state of boredom, look no further than "Kitbull," an animated short film by Pixar.

455

After the overwhelming hype from "Endgame," most, if not all, of the subsequent movies failed to meet the increased expectations of fans. You may be one of these many fans, wondering when the next big hit movie will come out.

Instead of forcing yourself into this cyclical state of boredom, look no further than "Kitbull," an animated short film by Pixar. No, it is nowhere near the same length as "Endgame," nor does it have the same amount of action-packed scenes. However, the allure of this short film are the arrays of emotions you will go through. You may have thought the "I love you 3000" messages and the death of a particular beloved Marvel figure (not naming who for the few that still haven't watched the movie yet) made you cry, but "Kitbull" will pull your heart's strings like you never knew before.

Obviously, I am not here to spoil the nine-minute clip. What I will go through here is mention a two of the biggest messages that Pixar attempts to address with "Kitbull."

Don't judge a book by its cover

This message may be one of the biggest cliches that you likely heard a million times before in your life. However, we all know that this message does not tangibly play itself out in reality. Whether it be due to that individual's past or a reputation that lingers around people with a certain trait, much of society is quick to judge. Pixar does a fantastic job portraying the true personality that lies behind one's mere physical or peripheral view. After realizing this fact, the protagonist goes on to break this barrier and kindle a relationship without any prejudices.

No type of abuse is accepted

Pixar also focuses heavily on discouraging people against any form of abuse. You're bound to have "your feels be hit hard" once you see the struggles that the victim goes through. Being something that many of us can relate to a personal level, the next key step that we need to implement is to do whatever we can to stop preventable abuse from other people, which is exactly what the protagonist does. Being mere bystanders is not okay. We "bystanders" need to change to activists and become the initiators of compassion.

So please, take nine minutes out of your day to watch what may be one of the best short animated films you have watched. Don't forget some tissues while you're watching!