Being Kind for 2019 and Always

2019 Is The Year To Be A Nice Person

Kindness should be a mantra, not a resolution. But I'm also not judging if your resolution is to be kind. We gotta start somewhere.

117
2019 Is The Year To Be A Nice Person

I think being kind is one of the most important things you can do in the world we live in. It is not hard to be kind if you do some simple things when around others and not around others.

1. Listen

Listening is one of the simplest things to do. Sometimes people just want to complain, rant, and talk without you saying a word. Just listening makes you a kinder soul because you are paying attention. Be interested and invested.

2. Be grateful

Tell the people you love around you that you are grateful for them and their friendship. Tell someone that provided you with a service or kind gesture just how thankful you are for their time and help. Taking more time to be grateful makes you kinder and more considerate to others.

3. Take the extra 30 seconds to ask how someone is doing

Instead of approaching your barista with your order for a venti iced mocha hold the mocha sub caramel add sugar and cream in an aggressive manner, take a quick second to ask how their day is going. People are bombarded with so much information and aggressiveness that sometimes we forget that a person is a person, not just a worker. This kind gesture of taking the time to ask how someone is is appreciated.

4. Volunteer

Go find an animal shelter, your local theater, hospital, or school and ask if they need some help or extra assistance. You can spend your time giving back to the community even if it is only for an hour or so a week.

5. Don't gossip

We all know about gossip. Don't lie. It's normal, but try not to gossip. Being on the other ends of rumors and gossip feels horrible. In order to stop making others feel upset about what is being said is to not say it at all. As I learned when I was young, if it's not nice, don't say it. Remember how gossip about you feels.

6. Compliment more

Try to compliment others more throughout the day. You can always start small and try to increase the amount of compliments once you get out of your comfort zone. If you appreciated something someone did, or how someone did something, tell them. If you like their outfit or shoes, compliment them. That one compliment may make someone's day.

7.  Say please and thank you, and just have manners (lol this should be normal)

Don't forget the basics. Saying please and thank you is courteous. If you don't already have some manners, feel free to jump on the bandwagon! Please and thank you!

8. Forgive and forget

This one is a toughie. Forgiving others and forgetting is hard to do, but once you do you can move on and continue on with your lives. You can be the bigger, kinder person by forgiving and forgetting the small stuff.

9. More self-love

To be kinder to others, you have to be kind to yourself. Take more time this year to care and love for yourself. Take that bath. Go on that run. Love yourself, and you will love and be kinder to others with ease.

I hope you have a wonderful 2019! Remember to be kind. It's important.