If You Are A Kind Person, You Are A Rare Breed

It seems like no one is truly kind anymore.

2046
Noah Silliman

Everyone tells you when you’re little to be nice to people. Be kind. Share with the other kids. Make friends. No one ever tells you how hard it can be to stay kind in a world like ours.

Maybe they want you to keep that glimmer of hope that there is still true kindness in this world. To stay innocent and wide-eyed, excited to learn about everything and everyone.

If you are a genuinely kind person in this day and age, you are rare. It seems like no one is truly kind anymore. And I’m not saying that I’m perfect either. I can be self-centered, cocky, conceited, and manipulative even if I don’t want to be. But true kindness is an amazing thing.

Here’s to you:

You smile at people when they walk by with no expectation that others will smile in return.

You try your hardest not to let stereotypical judgments get in the way of how you view the world.

You’re great at showing affection when you sense there is a need for it, and you actually mean it.

You are fulfilled when you can be an emotional support for someone and help them feel like they are not alone.

You are a gem. A diamond in the rough. There is no one quite like you with a soul that shines as brightly as yours does. Continue to spread kindness throughout this world, and it won't be so bleak because you are here.