Be Kind... Always

Be Kind... Always

I promise you can still achieve all you want in life by remaining kind in the process.

30
Be Kind... Always
http://andd-shewillbeloved.tumblr.com/

Growing up, your mom may have preached to you the famous phrase, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And although we may have come to believe that we've grown out of that phrase, I think its relevance remains constant today.

Not only is this phrase still relevant, but I believe it even deserves to be expanded. It should not only be about what you say, but what you do as well. This all amounts to the simple notion of kindness.

Getting older, you'd think that kindness would be more prevalent and more understood than when we were little, but I believe the older you get, the more this message ought to be instituted.

Over the years, I've seen and witnessed people that I cared so much about and that were big components of my life turn into people I could never even spend a day with. It's heart-wrenching when this happens. I understand that it's inevitable that people change as time goes on, but that shouldn't have to mean that the ability to be kind should diminish as well.

Maybe it's true that the chivalry that existed 50 years ago no longer exists today, but why should that have to mean that we as people have to result to being heartless and cruel to one another in replacement?

I think it's one of the saddest things in the world to watch someone that meant so much to you transform into someone so different, so cold, so careless. It's something so hard to accept. It could be due to certain influences, people, or even personal experiences.

But I believe that everyone has the ability to reach their full potential, the way they were intended to be and act. We must be open to reaching this potential. It's important to respect others and to remember to be kind.

Life is hard and life tests you -- that much I have come to realize. Life tests the relationships you have with people, your willingness to persevere, and your understanding of who you are. It's all a constant battle. But I don't believe that anyone was meant to be or meant to become less than what was intended for them. And everyone is intended to be the best version of themselves.

Being kind is something so simple it doesn't even seem like it would need to be something that is encouraged; however, we all might be surprised at just how much it is overlooked and ignored.

We are a part of such an individualist culture that promotes individual successes, so consequently a lot of people's motives become self-oriented. And, a lot of the time, the tendency to treat others kindly gets abandoned in the process when someone is so focused on themselves. But if you ask me, being kind is the most important of all, and shouldn't be neglected.

I promise you can still achieve all you want in life by remaining kind in the process. Don't perceive kindness as weakness. Don't be afraid to show compassion and respect. I can guarantee that it will likely get you further than you even thought possible then you even expected. Sure, life gets hard. Sure, distributing kindness is not always easy, but I assure you it's worth it.

Don't let the obstacles of life influence you in the wrong direction. Understand that the things you say and do heavily impact those around you. You never know just how long what you say or do will stick with a person, good or bad. Striking up a conversation with that one person that always sits alone or simply complimenting someone on how they look that day can be the one thing that turns around their entire week.

Remember to be kind even when it seems to be the most difficult thing to do at the time because that is when it is most important, that is when it counts the most. Be kind to those you care about and be kind to those you don't know. Even if everything seems to be going wrong, or if other influences are wearing on you, remain kind. It comes with way more rewards for those that choose to adhere to this.

As you progress through life and as you change with the coming years, don't leave behind the ability to be kind. Don't be another bad story someone tells their friends. Remember that what goes around comes around, and you'll receive what you give. I hope you choose kindness. Life is too short to spread anything other than that.

It's the most simple ideology, and will affect everyone around you in the best way.

Be kind, always.