How Kid Quill Isn't Just "The Opener," He's So Much More

Kid Quill has been one of the most humble and appreciative artists I have ever met.

511
Connor Hollaran

In my experiences, Kid Quill has been one of the most humble and appreciative artists I have ever met. He has been so grateful to all of his fans and he has written some pretty incredible music if I do say so myself. Click that play button and get to know more about Kid Quill.

Q: Who are some artists or bands that inspire you?

I really listen to all kinds of music. But I'm a big rap guy. I love Kanye and everyone in the GOOD music camp.

Q: What made you decide to start a career with music?

I just really liked listening to music and knew I was a good writer, so I just gave it a shot.

Q; What is the basic timeline of Kid Quill?

Started very amateurly in 2014. Then got more focused and put out my first real album in 2016.

Q: What genre is your music and why did you choose to make this type of music?

I think my music is pretty hard to place in one genre. It's a hybrid between a few different ones. I kind of let the listener label it whatever they want.

Q: What is your favorite song to perform?

My favorite song to perform currently is “Playlist.”

Q: What is the most influential lyric for you?

Right now it's when Big Sean said "Who's stopping me?" in his new album with Metro.

Q: What makes you passionate about making music?

I love the responses I get from people when they say they listened to my music when they're _____. Like I remember certain songs because I was somewhere in my life when I first heard them. And it's inspiring to make music that people can have that experience with.

Q: What does the writing process look like for you?

The writing process is different every time. Sometimes I write the words first, sometimes I make the beat first. Every time the process is different.

Q: Where do you get your inspiration for your music/lyrics?

Everyday life. Whether it be things that happen directly to me, my friends, or even a stranger.

Q: What is your main goal with music?

To make the absolute best music I possibly can. Don't have any material items. If I were in a room with the greatest artists of all time, I want to hold my own. I realize that takes time and manifesting.

Q: Do you have any tips for aspiring musicians?

Be true to yourself. Don't follow a trend, because trends die. Real music doesn't.