kidfriendlysummercrafts

11 Kid Friendly Crafts You Need to Try This Summer

Break out the art supplies, we're getting crafty!

43
crafts

This summer I'm working at the Boys & Girls Club during their summer programming. It's basically like summer camp and the whole staff works very hard to find fun activities for all the kiddos to do. I have been running some of the craft time activities and the kids love being creative and making things. This list is just some of the many kid friendly crafts you can do with your children or campers this summer!

1. Tie Dye

This activity can be a little messy so it's always good to have some gloves on hand before you start. All you need is the dye, whatever you're dyeing, and some rubber bands to make designs!

2. Friendship Bracelets

I did these with my kids last week and they loved them! You can also add beads into the mix to add to the creativity.

3. Milk Carton Bird Feeder

You can decorate your bird feeder with anything you want but this set of directions has you use mod podge and tissue paper!

4. Pasta Necklaces

These necklaces can be made with any pasta that has a hole in the middle. The kids can also use their imaginations more and paint and decorate the pasta.

5. Paper Plate Tambourines

All you need for this simple craft are paper plates, beans, a stapler, and whatever you're going to use to decorate your tambourines. Just make sure you don't spill the beans!

6. Ice Cream In A Bag

This craft might be great so summer camps but it would be perfect to do at home! You just need some heavy cream, ice, rock salt, and strong muscles to shake the cream into ice cream!

7. Stained Glass Bottles

This is another mod podge activity and all you need is mod podge, tissue paper, and some glass jar/bottle/vase!

8. P​aper Bag Puppets

These are super fun and give the kiddos lots of room for creativity and imagination.

​9. Sun Catcher

This will look great in any window!

10. Craft Stick Airplane

Just make sure you leave enough time for the glue to dry before you start playing with them!

11. Clothespin Caterpillars

Who doesn't like crafts with googly eyes on them?

With a solid list like this one to get you started, you can expect to see a lot of rad crafts made by your creative kids!