Every Team Key To Get To Super Bowl LIII

How To Get To Super Bowl LIII

What each of the four remaining teams must do in order to make to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, GA.

67
How To Get To Super Bowl LIII

We will start with the early game this weekend, the NFC Championship Game, between the Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints and then move onto the AFC Championship Game between New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Rams: Take the crowd out of the game

Last weekend in the Divisional round of the playoffs, the Philadelphia Eagles had a chance to put the game on ice by going up three scores in the early minutes of the second quarter. A Nick Foles interception led to the Saints scoring twenty unanswered points to move on to the NFC Championship game with a 20-14 win over the Eagles. One of the keys for the Saints comeback was that the Saints have arguably one of the hardest venues to play in as an opposing team in all of sports. If the Rams want to make it to Super Bowl LIII, they need to keep the crowd out of the game, either with a long, back-breaking drive, or putting the game out of reach earlier. With the emergence of, running back, CJ Anderson. The Rams have a real chance at silencing the deafening crowd in the early minutes of the game.

New Orleans Saints: Keep feeding Michael Thomas

It was almost sad to watch last weekend, as the Saints would run the same play in every crucial moment of their win over the Eagles. Star wide receiver, Michael Thomas, would run about 12 yards and cut in, and give the Saints a first down on almost every pass that he caught. While Los Angeles Rams cornerback, Marcus Peters, said that he would have "a bowl of Gumbo" with head coach Sean Payton after the game, because of his lock-up defense of Thomas. Unfortunately for Peters, not many people have been able to stop Thomas this season, as he has averaged a little over 77 yards a game, including 171 yards vs the Eagles. If the Saints want to get back to the Super Bowl for the first time in 10 years they will need to keep Thomas active and let him rack up the yards.

New England Patriots: Tom Brady

Tom Brady, what more is there to say. Ok, love him or hate him, Tom Brady is one the best quarterbacks in the history of football, and his New England Patriots are playing for a chance at a 9th Super Bowl appearance during this run of dominance. Last weekend, the headline going into their match-up vs Los Angeles Chargers was, is the Patriots dynasty over? I mean, I guess, he only went 34 for 44, for 343 yards, throwing for a touchdown too, as Brady and company were able to light up the Chargers defense. As the Patriots look ahead to their game in Kansas City, the conditions favor Brady, as it is expected to be record lows in Kansas City, and remember the dynasty started in the snow.

Kansas City Chiefs: Can the defense keep up?

Yeah everyone knew the Chiefs were good, and would probably win the AFC West Division, but after a tough 54-51 shootout loss to the Los Angeles Rams, people were put on notice about how good the Chiefs really were. But looking at that game, and their season together, one thing that was possibly holding the Chiefs back was their defense. While their offense was scoring at a record rate, their defense was giving up points at a record rate too. But this past weekend, the Chiefs defense was able to shut the Indianapolis Colts to only 13 points, while the Colts didn't help their cause with a missed field goal, and an extra point. The Chiefs defense had come out of hibernation to beat the Colts, now can they keep up against the Patriots who look to keep their high flying ways from a week ago.