Keeping Your Friends Close

Keeping Your Friends Close

Who makes your world go around?

4
Keeping Your Friends Close
Karina Carvalho

I have friends who are pierced, and friends who are inked.

I have friends who feel normal with crazy colored hair.
I have friends who are thick, and friends who are thin.

Friends, who don't judge, but are judged.

I have friends who are gay, and friends who are straight.

I have bi friends and tri friends.

Friends who are transitioning to be themselves.

I have friends who are lost and friends who are found.
Friends who are finding their way.

I have friends who laugh, cry, scream, and whisper.

I have friends who are positive and friends that are negative.

Friends who are beautiful no matter what the case may be.

For others, I am that friend.

Having someone you can confide in is important, whether it's one friend or many. Sometimes you will go through several people before you find that one person with whom you just click.

Though that person may live many miles away or be found right next to you in bed. No matter how near or how far, what's important is that you are able to be yourself.

Yes, friends may fight and have disagreements at times, but the important thing to remember is that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree. Put it aside and go on with your lives.

A friend that is worth keeping is that friend where you get busy and go months without talking, and then when you talk again, you discover that it's like you were never apart. For some, this is a key component. Yes, you missed them, but you are so excited to share every detail along the way.

I have friends that have attempted suicide, I have friends that have succeeded.

I have friends who drink like fish, and choke on smoke.

Friends whose lives remain sober, now.

I have friends who dress up, friends who wear sweats and tees.

Friends who believe comfort is key.

I have friends who love cats, and friends who loves dogs.

Friends who think spiders rock.

I have friends who ride bike, and friends who drive cars.

Friends who love to walk.

I have friends who have kids, and friends who have none.

Friends who are planning to adopt.

I have friends who wear makeup, and friends who do not.

For others, I am this friend.

Whether I am describing you or someone else in your life, remember, that no one is perfect. These lists may make up characteristics of one or many who stroll through your life, but the other important thing to remember is never to judge anyone for whom they have been compared to, where they are going, and what they will become.

Friendships are a precious gift that should never be taken for granted.

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." —Helen Keller