Keeping Up and Moving On

Keeping Up and Moving On

As a new semester approaches, we need to remember that there is currently more to life than just parties and having fun.

34
Keeping Up and Moving On

I am definitely not the person to say they're thrilled to remain remote for the semester. But, I definitely understand the choice that was made. Besides the upcoming exams and assignment, there are plenty of other things that we need to keep in mind as we move forward to the end of the year.

A Global Pandemic

Yes, COVID-19 is definitely still a thing. As the daughter of two nurses who have actively been working throughout these tough months, I have heard all about the horrors and struggles that this virus has caused. While I do not know anyone personally, I have spent enough time in that hospital to know when things get serious. COVID-19 can affect absolutely anyone.

Last year, I wrote an article about how I continue to look to my mom for help when I am sick. As a semi-independent college student, getting a virus in the middle of the semester during midterms was not something I was pleased about. But, it happens and I trusted my mom to take care of me because as a nurse she knows whats best. And right now, I continue to follow any advice she gives me when it comes to getting through our daily lives with COVID-19. Here is some of the advice that she has given me throughout these months:

Wear a mask :)

Although a little sweaty these past few months thanks to the heat, wearing a mask allows us to interact with one another without coming into contact with things like saliva. There has also been an Executive Order issued for the State of New Jersey that wearing a mask is required to enter establishments so please be sure to follow the rules!

Social Distancing

It seems a little silly to have a conversation six feet apart from someone, but it is important to limit as much contact as possible.

Otherwise? Remember, while these heavy topics remain prevalent in our lives in different ways that we still need to move on. We need to keep up with the current events and times and make the best of our situations. We can create change for the better simply by remaining active and vigilant when the times come and it is required. Stay well everyone!