Keeping A Positive Mindset

Keeping A Positive Mindset

A positive attitude with a warm smile

16
Keeping A Positive Mindset
Ooh La La Bakery

Everybody that knows me, knows that I’m an incredibly cheerful person. I’m always super peppy and energetic, and I greet everyone that I encounter with a genuine smile. I often get asked why it is that I’m so happy. This question usually comes from people that my cheerfulness has rubbed off on, and they simply want to experience the feeling for themselves. My answer to this question is the same every time, a positive lifestyle starts with your attitude and mindset.

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been an unusually happy person, but that does not mean my days have always been filled with sunshine and rainbows. I have my share of low points just like everybody else, but when these moments do arise, I always think positive thoughts to keep me going. Having a positive mindset is the biggest key to having a positive attitude. Think about it this way: if you’re constantly thinking of only the worst that could happen, then you’re going to get exactly that. In a sense, you’ve just created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

One major helpful tip for having a positive mindset is verbalizing what it is that you want to feel. We all have the power to speak things into existence, and channel positive energy into our everyday lives. You should wake up every morning and say, “today is going to be a great day, because I said so!” Saying something aloud is extremely helpful due to the fact that verbalizing something makes it seem real and attainable.

My personal tip for staying positive is remembering things that you have to be thankful for. I’ve lived an incredibly blessed life, and it's these blessings that keep me going every day. I have a loving and supportive family, awesome friends, and more recently, a beautiful, healthy baby nephew. In addition, I’ve been given tons of opportunities that many others wish that they had. All of these things and more are what help me regain my joy in the rare moment that I lose it. Whenever I feel down, I simply remind myself to stay positive, and be confident!