How To Keep God In The Center Of Your Relationship

Putting God in the center of your relationship is one of the most beneficial things that you can do.
5738

Growing up in the church, I have always heard it stressed that God needs to be the center of any relationship, specifically those with significant others. Often times I saw it described as a triangle: God is the top point of the triangle, and you and your significant other are the two bottom points. All this to say, God is what brings you together and holds you together. He is the key to any successful relationship.

For the longest time, I thought that I understood what it meant to have God at the center of your relationship, but I've learned that it can be easy to let that slip on the back burner. So to save you the trouble, I've come up with a few tips that you can use to make sure that God is in the center of your relationship.

The first tip that I want to share with you is prayer.

I cannot express to you how significant or important praying with and for your significant other is. It is one of the most intimate things that you can do with your partner. Pray about anything and everything! Pray about the relationship, give control over to Him, and surrender it all; pray about the problems that arise, thank Him for the good times, and pray for each other in anything that you both face.

The Bible says that "Where two or more are gathered, there I will be also."

Praying is a direct line of communication with God, and when you and your significant other pray with and for each other, it is a great way to make sure that God is staying in the center of your relationship.

The second tip is to talk about God.

Make an effort to bring God into your conversations. Talk about where you are in your walk with the Lord so that you will be able to hold each other accountable. Talking about God and spiritual concepts will help each of you grow and change your perspectives.

And finally, read the Bible together.

Keeping God's Word in your heart helps remind you of the love and promises that God has for you. Having bible study together is a great way for you two to learn more about God together. It can be good for conversation and learning verses together will help you along the way in your relationship.

All in all, putting God in the center of your relationship is one of the most important things that you can do for it. While these few tips are helpful, they aren't the only thing that you can do.

If this is something that you struggle with, talk with God and your significant other to find ways to put God in the center of your relationship. Ask God for the strength and will to put Him in the center of your relationship.

You won't regret it.