Keep Calm, Fall Is Coming

Keep Calm, Fall Is Coming

We are sick and tired of the heat and we want our pumpkin spice dammit.

29
huffingtonpost.com

For all of you autumn lovers missing your pumpkin spice lattes, and well, pumpkin spice everything, I have good and bad news. Summer is drawing to an end; however, the heat does not seem to be bidding us farewell. But, as a fall fan myself, I am choosing to focus on the silver lining here. So, here are my best tactics to stay cool and sane until our beloved autumn makes a triumphant return:

1. Don’t forget preseason football.

One of the biggest fall identifiers is football! But, a lot of fans seem to overlook preseason ball. I understand the games don’t really “matter,” but the touchdowns and tackles are just as satisfying. While we lay in bed at night and count quarterbacks rather than sheep, football season is getting closer and closer. So, until the season officially kicks off, keep yourself occupied with preseason games. Here is the preseason schedule!

2. Autumn-scented candles.

Guess what? Pumpkin spice candles are a thing and they’re sold year-round. Although you may have to hunt for them, they’re out there, ready to satisfy your nostrils with their wondrous aromas of fall. And, there is more than just pumpkin spice! (Hint: check out Michael’s for early fall scents.) Along with pumpkin spice, my personal favorites include: Bath and Body Works’ Marshmallow Fireside and Fresh Balsam, and Walmart’s Pumpkins and Pinecones.

3. The Olympics.

From Aug. 5 to 21, the Olympic Games in Rio will be enjoyed by millions around the world. Don’t miss out on the chance to get some sports in before football season AND to watch the USA whoop some butt! Check out this link to view our USA Olympic athletes and pick your favorites for August.

4. Fall DIYs.

We all have a cute fall wreath or some sort of decor pinned -- and a dream of making it a reality. But, with school accompanying the start of fall, it’s difficult to carve out time in our busy schedules for DIYs. However, summer allows plenty of time to get a head start on your cool weather crafts. So, in the next three weeks, go make your pumpkin scented bath bombs, your flannel coasters, and weathered wood signs.

5. Keep your house COLD, and your thoughts COOLer.

It may be blazing hot outside, but you’re the boss of your thermostat! If you cool it off inside, you’ll be forced to break out those cabin socks and Ugg slippers you packed away until the season change called for them once again. Walking around in a snuggie and reindeer-toe socks will definitely grant you that fall feeling you’ve been craving since the heat first struck. Also, for the times you do find yourself braving the heat, think cold thoughts!! Nothing gets ya down more than submitting to the grueling heat.