Thank You, Karin And Skyler, For Being My Heroes
Self Love

Stunning, hysterical, and authentic are just a few words to describe these two love birds.

442
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqu6wvCJTEnnw_qBlCdsvYg

"What's up guys, it's Karin… and Skyler." YouTubers Karin Destilo and Skyler Felts are trending in the LGBTQ+ community and it's easy to see why. With nearly 476,000 subscribers they are definitely making their voices heard.

Most YouTubers put on an act with a script to make their content more relatable or entertaining, but not Karin and Skyler. These two are so passionate about what they do that their words flow naturally. Whether they take you along with one of their unforgettable vlog days, perform a silly challenge, or do a Q & A session, you can count on nothing but real actions in those moments.

They have never posted a video where I did not feel a burning sensation in my chest or goosebumps from pure happiness. Even their introduction with Andy Grammer's song "Smoke Clears" makes my heart beat faster. They encourage me to spread nothing but love and authenticity to this world.

Prior to this past May in 2018, I was closeted for eight years. Once I discovered Karin and Skyler's channel I binge watched their videos. Once I watched their "Let's Get Real: Coming Out" video I knew it was time for me to come to terms with myself as a Bisexual woman. I have never related to two people more in my life prior to seeing this segment. They were so encouraging to me at this time in my life and that is something that I will always be grateful for.

On every great or not so great day since then, I've watched their videos and felt a sense of security and comfort wash over me. I knew that I would not be in this alone. They know what it is like for others to look at you differently because you are in love with another girl. They are a constant reminder that no one in this world can destroy your happiness and if you love someone tell them because life is too short.

They are hands down the definition of what a healthy relationship should be like. They are not only girlfriends but they are also best friends, too. Even when things get rocky in their relationship they always will find a way to work through it. From going to the pier, the skate park, arcade, or even the grocery store, they always enjoy their time together. In every video, you can see the love in their eyes by the way that they look at each other.

One of my favorite characteristics of these two is that since they are social media influencers, they address and support the LGBTQ+ community wholeheartedly. In one of their videos, Karin explains that "it's just beautiful that we're all in this community and we're all connected one way or another." Karin and Skyler have influenced me to take the next step in my writing which is to passionately spread my ideas for probably the best and most loving damn community in the world. I aspire to be just as brave, live a life full of gratitude with my significant other and share my experiences with others just like them. Karin and Skyler prove that love really is love and you should not be afraid to be undeniably yourself in a society of people who tell you that you cannot, and that is why they are my heroes.