Kacey Musgraves is the gateway drug to country music.

I've always listened to Kacey Musgraves ever since I started listening to country music. Her music was just always so different from the other country music artists so it made her unique and interesting. Some of her songs are funny. For example, her song called "Follow Your Arrow" says:

If you don't go to church
You'll go to hell
If you're the first one
On the front row
You're a self-righteous
Son of a-

She does not care what people think of her. She always goes all out, whether it be her music or her outfits. I like that about her. Kacey is so confident in herself. She is hilarious and she is somebody I look up to. When people make fun of her, she follows along. She makes fun of herself. For example, she has a new song called "Space Cowboy". Somebody on Twitter posted a picture of her face with a picture of Sandy from SpongeBob. She retweeted and loved it.

Recently, she has been somebody that everybody is talking about. She released her new album last year and it is great! Her music is different. She is all about the yeehaw lifestyle but somehow she is attracting non-country music fans. She even performed at Coachella! And everybody was loving her! I'm assuming that people that went to Coachella are not country music fans so the fact that they enjoyed Kacey Musgraves is interesting. Her outfits were amazing and BEAUTIFUL.

I still don't understand why people who don't like country music listen to Kacey Musgraves. In a recent interview by CBS News, she was told that people say "I don't even like country music, but I like her music." She responded by saying:

"I hear that all the time. That is one of the top things people tell me. And I'm like, 'Well, you just didn't know that you liked country music.' Yeah, they're like, 'You're my gateway drug!' And these days with the genre lines being so blurred, I mean the possibilities are endless. To me, the music falls into two different categories. It's good and bad. But yeah, I don't believe that you have to pick a lane or stay in a lane."

So people are listening to Kacey Musgraves and liking her style of music. Like Kacey said, people like her music because it's good, not because it's country music. And to me, that is pretty awesome. If you haven't listened to Kacey Musgraves, you should because her music is amazing! Below is the music video for "High Horse". Watch it!

Kacey Musgraves - High Horse (Official Music Video) www.youtube.com