JUUL vs Cigarettes: why you should get a JUUL (or another nicotine salt vape)

If you're a smoker, you know how hard it can be to quit. From sleepless nights to irritable days, quitting can be a nightmare. As the old saying goes, "It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it a thousand times." I switched from cigarettes to vaping a few years ago and here's what I have learned. Disclaimer: This article is only intended for legal adult smokers who want to switch from combustible cigarettes. You must be at least 21 years old to purchase products on the JUUL website. JUUL has not endorsed nor sponsored this article in any way.

5217
Trippy Hippy Crew

Nicotine salt e-liquid is different than other vape juice.

iCare and Solace e-juice

by Michael Willner

Nicotine salt e-juice tends to come in a few nicotine concentration levels, ranging from 30mg/ml to 50mg/ml. Generally, e-liquid stays in the range of 3mg/ml to 24mg/ml. These nicotine salt liquids can also be referred to as "high-nic" juice. The goal of these juices is to help adult smokers quit cigarettes. Nicotine salt juices are used in smaller vaping devices that fire at a lower temperature than other types of vapes like mods. The JUUL is an unregulated e-cigarette with disposable pod cartridges. These JUULpods contain 5% nicotine by weight, or about 50mg/ml of nicotine. Unregulated refers to the inability to decide on the output of watts or volts on the vape. Regulated vapes generally have an LED screen that displays battery level, puff count, and current wattage and ohms.

Vaping can be cheaper than cigarettes.

JUUL is one of the most expensive e-cigarettes in the market. However, other cig-a-like devices can offer a cheaper price tag. An average 30ml bottle of nicotine salt e-juice costs anywhere from $15 to $25, depending on the nicotine concentration and equity of the brand. These bottles last me 2 to 4 weeks. I spend an average of $30 a month on nicotine salt e-juice. The Eleaf iCare 2 starter-kit costs $20 online and in most vape shops. Replacement coils cost me $10 a month. I only buy new devices when my old vape breaks.

I smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day. Each pack averages around $8.

The Math:

a) Vaping - So, let's assume I need a new vape every six months. In a year, I spend an average of: $20/six months for devices + $10/month for coils + $30/month on e-juice.

$20(2) + $10(12) + $30(12) = $520

Overall, I spend $520 on vaping.

b) Cigarettes - It cost $8 every other day for cigarettes.

365/2 x $8 = $1460

On average, I spend $1,460 a year on smoking.

c) Comparison - Thus, cigarettes cost me about 2.81 times as much as vaping with my iCare 2.

Vaping smells and tastes better than smoking.

Being fond of the flavor of cigarettes is acquired, and unnatural. I love the taste of cigarettes (menthol is my preference), but the smell leftover in my car the day after smoking a stoge is disgusting! Brands like JUUL have created a refreshing mix of basic flavor categories, ranging from fruit, cream, tobacco, or menthol.

My favorite flavors (in basic terms) in no specific order have been:

- cucumber menthol

- watermelon lemonade

- strawberry candy

- vanilla graham crackers

- watermelon menthol

- strawberry kiwi cotton candy

- raspberry cookie

For more information, watch the video above, look through the JUUL website and the FDA link below. Also, make sure to do your own research before deciding on any purchase related to vaping.

https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/Produ...