32 Things That Make Us Elizabethtown College

Just little Etown things.

299
Elizabethtown College

With homecoming just a week behind us, Etown students are reminded of the things that make us Etown. We have everything from unique traditions to various activities. All of these pieces put together is what makes us Elizabethtown College.

1. Carrot Cake means something to you.

2. It's normal to throw marshmallows at your rival.

Well only during the marshmallow bowl against Messiah.

3. You have a vocab dedicated to Etown abbreviations.

I mean we refer to ourselves as Etown. But you also know what SDLC, CBL, LLC, SLE, OCLE, FYS, KAV, OSA, BSC, SWAG, PMs and ITS means.

4. Campus News is your Monday reading.

5. You look forward to the first week of every month because that means new Toilet Talks and Stall Street Journals.

6. Walking to Brown Lot is your cardio.

7. You are guaranteed to see at least two to three people you know on your way class.

8. The President of the College is not just a figure head.

He's a familiar face on campus.

9. Leaving for class late means leaving only 5 minutes before it starts.

Because you can get there that quickly.

10. Community Service is your life.

Educate for Service is our motto and we take it seriously.

11. The dance club is the biggest club on campus.

Emotion showcases are something to look forward to at the end of each semester.

12. The Thanksgiving Dinner/Christmas Tree Lighting is an anticipated event.

We squeeze two holidays in two hours and the President reads us a Christmas story.

13. You have vivid memories of your first year walk.

We walk into to town, holding hands as a first-year class.

14. You know more about your professors than you care to admit.

15. You show the rock collection in the Masters Center to everyone new you bring on campus.

They think it's weird, but we think it's something to brag about.

16. You have a love/hate relationship with the Marketplace.

You love the dessert, but the food is hit or miss.

17. An iced carmella from the Blue Bean can cure your Monday blues.

18. You don't have a football team and you constantly joke about it.

Etown football: Undefeated since 1899.

19. Everyone thinks their dorm building is the best.

You hate Founders, but the people who live there will probably tell you otherwise.

20. You live for Tender Tuesday.

Chicken tenders every Tuesday, how could you go wrong?

21. You're salty when Taco Thursday doesn't happen.

It's supposed to be every other Thursday, but we've been without for a few weeks now.

22. You go all out for homecoming floats.

23. You have a collection of t-shirts from homecoming tables.

24. The Blue Bean is the perfect study place.

25. You love to get packages just so you can talk to the mail services people.

26. You are on a personal level with many staff members on campus.

Whether it's the environmental services staff or dining service, you know them on a first-name basis.

27. 'Brown Eyed Girl' puts you in a great mood.

Because it reminds you of the a capella groups on campus.

28. It's impossible to get through the BSC on Wednesdays at 11.

No one has class and chances are something is happening in the concourse, so it feels like the entire campus is out and about.

29. Mr. Etown is a well-attended event.

You have to get there early to get a seat to watch the Etown guys lip-sync and dance.

30. You feel like half of the people you meet are OT majors.

31. "It's a great day to be a jay" is a familiar saying.

32. You feel lucky to go to such a great school.

Blue Jays Always.