Just Because The Holidays Are Over Doesn't Mean The Spirit Has To Be

Let's make the holiday spirit a year round thing.

31
Bayou City Flyers

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah, or none of the above, the holiday season is a time where we all come together and celebrate kindness. Everyone's hearts seem to be filled with a lot more love and acceptance. Could you imagine how wonderful the world would be if we kept this same giving spirit all year round?

Though the holiday season may now be a thing of the past, I challenge your soul to be just the same. Smile at strangers and wish them well, for no other reason than you genuinely care. Wait a few extra seconds and hold the door for others, and always be willing to help without assuming you'll get something out of it. Put aside the differences you may have with the people in your life, because life is too short to hold grudges. During the holidays, we seem to go the extra mile and do these things automatically. However, as soon as our decorations go back into the boxes until the next year, it seems as though our kindness gets packed away with them.

We have the ability to make the world a better place, so why don't we do it? A little kindness goes a long way, and it doesn't take much to make someone's day and assure they feel loved and wanted.

There's no better New Year's resolution than this: let's be kind and love one another not for just one month out of the year, but every single day because no matter what you celebrate in December, we're all in this together.