I'm Not Trying To Scare You, But Junior Year Is The Worst

I'm Not Trying To Scare You, But Junior Year Is The Worst Year

Seriously. I'm not kidding.

31
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Randolph_hall_college_of_charleston.JPG
Wikimedia

So immediately, I know you're probably thinking, Yeah sure, they said that about Freshman year...said it was so hard because it was a year of transition. Then they said it about Sophomore year, because hello? The Sophomore slump is a real thing. Now you're trying to tell me that Junior year is that hardest? I don't believe you.

Well, you should. Because as someone who has been taking classes at a collegiate level since I was a senior in high school, I'm here to tell you that Junior year is all work and no play. It is hard. It is exhausting. It is the hardest year of college.

1. You're expected to know what you're doing

Whether that be about note-taking, knowing where your classes are, knowing what you're majoring in, whatever it may be. Everyone expects you to know what's going on when in reality, we all feel like Britney from XFactor.

2. You want to have a junior year slump, but you just don't have time

And by the slump, I mean a normal 30 minutes that doesn't involve studying, writing a paper, or crying. Any free time I have is really just procrastinating to do the rest of the work I have.

3. You have more responsibilities this year than any other

You have to work because everything is so expensive (my god the book prices), a lot of major classes take place in the evening, you're writing a bunch of papers, everyone encourages you to have an internship, if you're an education major like me you have observation hours, you need volunteer hours...need I continue?

4. You're either the only one whose 21 or the only one whose not

For me, I'm the only one whose 21. 90% of my friends are still 20. I'm sure if you've been on either side of this situation, you know how much it sucks. I want to go out to bars of Friday nights and have drinks, and my friends are still going to frat parties, which I've chosen to leave in the past.

5. Constantly worrying about not graduating on time

Which, obviously, is everyone's biggest fear. Do NOT sign me up for staying even an extra week. Who has the money? Please let me know.

So, if you're not a Junior, and you think your life sucks right now, just keep in mind that it could be way worse. And for some of us, it is.