How To Tell If Netflix Shows Are Good

Never Judge a Netflix Show By Its Name

You can find some amazing shows and movies if you just gave them a chance.

19
Never Judge a Netflix Show By Its Name
Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

As regular Netflix binge-watchers, we tend to look for cool names or covers when looking for a new show to watch. Well, as simple and quick as that may be sometimes we think we will like something and end up finding some of the worst shows and movies on Netflix. I have some good tips for looking for a quality show or movie.

When you look for a show it is often super handy to look at the ratings and the percentage it matches with previous shows you've watched. The ratings usually mean a lot considering someone liked a show enough to give it a rating. When looking at ratings you should always check how many people voted. If it has 5 stars with 2 votes, it is probably way less credible than a show that has 4.5 stars with 2,000 votes. Sometimes people just like to be negative and give good shows low ratings for their own personal reasons. That being said ratings aren't always the most accurate way to decide if you will like a show or not. Yet, ratings will lead you in the right direction of some very quality shows and movies.

Usually, you and your friends have the same taste in shows or they know you well enough to recommend a show they think you would like. If my friends don't know what type of shows I'm into they probably aren't my friends. Recommendations are what make or break some shows. As big as social media is in the modern day, all someone really has to do is post a dramatic clip from their favorite Netflix show and watch it go viral. The people posting these shows on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are the ones that are keeping Netflix alive.

After watching everything you think you'd like to watch on Netflix, it is good to keep an open mind because there is a huge possibility that you will find shows about topics you didn't even know you were interested in. I can not tell you how many shows I have accidentally watched and ended up loving. It almost feels like fate bought you and this random show together to live happily in your apartment room. Random shows are the most satisfying in the sense that they are completely random. You have no idea what to expect but you like it. Finding good shows are like finding good relationships. They are hard to come across but so rewarding when you finally do. It is the worst when you think you know what you want until you see something a little more interesting.

Netflix at the moment rules every college students daily life. Whether it's for "Netflix and chill" or just binge watching because of pure boredom. I think most of us can agree with binge-watching just for fun. Sometimes watching these originals help people escape the real world and their own problems. Sometimes it is easier to deal with problems when you know you aren't the only one going through it. Netflix is an amazing way to sit back, relax, and relieve some stress.