The Joys Of Christmas

The Joys Of Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

9
The Joys Of Christmas

There’s a reason why the celebration of a single holiday spans several months.

The magic of Christmas itself, combined with cherished traditions and gorgeous winter scenery, captivates so many of us. There's an abundance of reasons to love this time of year.

First and foremost, we get to celebrate Jesus’ birthday. While the true reason for the season is often overshadowed by the commercialized nature of the season, there are still lots of people out there, ready to celebrate this incredible gift.

The annual Christmas Eve candlelight service at church reminds me of the beauty found in gathering together to worship God. The sound of hundreds of people singing together in a dark room, illuminated by beautiful candles and radiant smiles, makes me step back and appreciate the moment.

The overwhelming desire to give is contagious this time of year. Our faces light up in anticipation of watching others open thoughtful gifts we picked out just for them. Acts of kindness and unselfishness warm our hearts and brighten our spirits. This time of year yields so many compassionate acts that inspire others to spread the love. Who doesn’t love to share the warmth of the holiday season?

These reminders of generosity and hope inspire us to be the best versions of ourselves. Acts of kindness ignite our hearts and bring about a sense of togetherness and comfort.

While family drama is inevitable, nothing beats the tradition of gathering together with your loved ones. Eating delicious food, opening presents and telling stories are some of the best parts of the holiday.

The joyous, uplifting seasonal music brings people together. The classics, as well as the newer hits, can be heard almost everywhere. Christmas music unites more people than most parts of our culture. Appreciation for those songs continue to get passed down from generation to generation, proliferating its warm effect on those who love Christmas.

Cuddling up in warm blankets, watching Christmas movies on cold, lazy days, creates an unmatched cozy feeling. Hallmark movie marathons and the 25 Days of Christmas never disappoint. What else could be better? Throw in fuzzy socks, hot chocolate and a couple friends. You have the perfect day.

Seeing homes adorned with bright, twinkling lights and festive decorations instantly brings a smile to my face. Paired with the glistening snow and glittery night sky, it is a scene like no other, capturing the magic of Christmas.

As the year draws to a close, we reflect on how the last twelve months shaped our lives. We might feel nostalgic over the past we remember fondly, appreciative of the current state we worked so hard for and hopeful of what might be in the years to come. While resolutions might not hold the answers, and life might not be everything you wish at this point in time, never stop dreaming of the beautiful future ahead. You never know what the new year holds.