5 Journaling Prompts For This Week

5 Journaling Prompts For This Week

Here are some ideas to get those creative juices flowing.

34
5 Journaling Prompts For This Week
Photo by Carolyn V on Unsplash

Journaling has been an important creative outlet for me, especially in the last few months. If you've never tried it before, I know it can be overwhelming to even know where to start. Even if you are a journaling pro, it can still be hard to come up with ideas on what to write about every day. Here are some ideas to get you in that journaling spirit.

Write in-depth about one of your relationships in your life.

persons hand with white manicurePhoto by Womanizer WOW Tech on Unsplash

This can be a best friend, family member, or pretty much anyone. This is a great way to reflect on how grateful you are to have these people in your life and be able to look back on it in the future. Bonus points if you include anecdotes of your adventures together!

List the things you're looking forward to this week.

silver laptop computer near notebookPhoto by STIL on Unsplash

This might seem pointless, but I promise it totally changes your outlook on the upcoming week. By doing this, you can see what there is to look forward to and motivate you to reach each thing on your list. If you find that you don't have much to add to your list in a given week, make up your own little reward! Treating yourself to coffee on Friday or a hangout with the girls on Wednesday might be just what you need to keep you going.

How you achieved short term goals this week and how they help your long term goals.

black and white typewriter on green textilePhoto by Markus Winkler on Unsplash

Sometimes we can get dragged along as our goals seem out of sight and unattainable. Even though it might not feel like it, you're probably making very real strides towards your future goals a little bit every week. Take the time to journal these little steps and how you see them as helping you towards your big goals. Dream of becoming a doctor? Write about how your last neuroscience test is going to help you treat patients with a condition you learned about. Dream of becoming a lawyer? Write about how your last English paper improved your writing and will help you with writing your future motions.

List challenges you have recently overcome.

person writing on white paperPhoto by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

There's nothing better than learning from your own experiences. If you experience some sort of difficulty during your week (big or small) write it down and how you managed to deal with it. These entries don't have to be long but can end up being really useful in the future if you face a similar problem and don't know how to deal with it. Plus, it reminds you of how amazing you are and all of the things you've overcome to get to where you are.

Visuals from the weeks.

flatlay photography of stuffs on white surfacePhoto by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

This entry is for my more visual journalists who enjoy the aesthetics of journaling. Open up to a new two pages and at the beginning of the week use the space to decorate it how you want your week to go. Have fun with it! Add colors, print outs, stickers, and really anything else you want. Then, as your week goes on, fill up more of the pages until by the end of the week they're filled up. By the end, you'll have a visual representation of your week completed with magazine headlines, small printed photos, and activities. The possibilities are endless. I love this option because really let's me take a break from traditional journaling and try to get a little artistic. It doesn't have to look perfect at all; the more chaotic the better.