It was recently announced that there is going to be a "Joker 2," and fans are NOT happy about this.
Sequels are created all the time for successful films, however, "Joker" was intrinsic in and of itself. Creating a second film is completely unnecessary and, quite frankly, a waste.
1. A tragic mental illness story like that never gets a sequel in real life.
2. The ending to "Joker" was abstract for a reason.
3. There was no way they made "Joker" with a sequel in mind.
4. This is 100 percent a cash grab due to the fact that "Joker" one crossed the $1 billon mark at the box office — something NO ONE saw coming.
5. Joaquin Phoenix literally said: “I wouldn’t just do a sequel just because the first movie is successful,” he said. “That’s ridiculous.”
6. This was a huge win for DC Comics — something they needed — and now they’re just going to find a way to mess it up.
7. Arthur Fleck was a mentally ill psychopath who turned bad — he was not an evil genius like other interpretations of the Joker. What would he even be plotting in the sequel. It makes no sense.
8. The "Joker" franchise takes place in different timeline and universe than the upcoming Robert Pattinson "Batman" trilogy that is slated to begin in 2021. That trilogy will likely feature a Joker too, but not Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker. That’s exhausting.
9. "Joker" was a huge success because everyone didn't see it coming and most of us went into with little expectations. It will be the complete opposite for "Joker 2"