Joining the team

Joining the team

Music has always led my story...

3
Joining the team

As I sit here typing out this first article all I can think of is "Wow this is my first article," and if I am being honest with my self I'm not sure where to start. There is so much to be said for music let alone local music. I am excited to bring another view to the community about what I love. It is my goal throughout this article to highlight and introduce why music and the local scene are so important to me personally.

Music, since the beginning of time has been the one source of communication that translates across all languages and dialects. Even when a song in a different language it still relays an array of emotions that connects us all. For me it has been my source of hope and strength as well as an outlet. Since about 8th grade I have made it my goal to learn and evolve in my guitar playing and writing; and out of that has blossomed a beautiful life style that reminds me to stay level headed and calm in the midst of life.

Lets speed through the 4 years of high school anxiety and come to when the local music scene became such a large part of my life. A year after graduating high school I became involved with the CSRA music community through a small venue called : M.A.D Studios, located in downtown Augusta, GA . While this place is no longer in opperation it will always hold a special place in my heart. I began playing, promoting, and even hosting the Singer/Songwriter night at M.A.D ; and through that i met my goods friend/venue owner "Stoney".

Stoney introduced me to many other venues and out of no where downtown began to feel like home. It became where I couldn't wait to head downtown and just walk Broad Street watching the variety of talent as they played their heart out in hopes to touch someones heart and maybe even earn a little lunch money in the process.

This was a very important thing for me at the time, having lost my place after graduation thinking, "what now." I was lost and music brought me and put my foot on the right path. That's how it is for many of my musician brothers and sisters here in the area. It [the music local community] is a place like no other; a place where people young or old, rich or poor, can come to be one and to just fell alive. With that being said I'll leave you with this.

We as a community need to back our local artists and support them not only to enrich the town, but to also help create an environment that is accepting and loving to all. All. As I join this team I hope to shine a light on all that the CSRA Music scene has to offer. Not only will you have a chance to "jam out" but also the opportunity to be connected and involved in the lives of many who may never have found their place with out the community.