Joining A Sorority Was The Best Decision Of My Life

I have met my future bridesmaids, my best friends, and now my family.

145

When I was in high school, I always thought about how college would be once I graduated. I thought about what classes I would take, what the campus would look like, and what I would major in. The thing I was concerned about the most was how I as going to make friends. I was moving to a college a couple of hours away from my home and I was not going to know anyone. I was literally picking up my life and moving it without knowing what lies before me.

I was talking to my aunt right after I graduated and she asked me if I would be interested in sorority life. I had never thought about being in a sorority before. We talked it over and she told me about all the things she got to do when she was at college. She told me things such as what events she got to be in, the people she met, and the friends that she still keeps in touch with to this day. I decided right there that a sorority was a good choice for me.

The closer towards the end of summer, the more excited I got for college and possibly joining a sorority. I did my research before coming into college about what sorority I could see myself in. I was super nervous and doubted myself at times but I pushed forward and kept pursuing sorority life. I was invited to a summer social where you go and get to meet a handful of the actual girls in these sororities and ask them any questions you have.

When I got there, my mom and I were so excited. We got upstairs and everything looked so pretty. All the girls were so nice and welcoming and it really made me fall in love with my college even more. I got to talk to each sorority through a representative. I knew by the end of the day that sorority life was going to be a great adventure, but I had no idea just what I was getting into.

The recruitment weekend was super stressful. I had to get up early each morning and be in full glam mode which for me means hair done and makeup fully on. We had specific outfits to ear each day. I was very nervous that something would go wrong and I would not get picked or the girls would not like me. Each party that I went to was different but it showed me all kinds of different aspects of each sorority.

Each one had something great about them and I thought I knew which one fit me best, but I would soon be proven wrong. The last day of recruitment was Bid Day. This is the day you find out what sorority you will be joining if you accept the bid from that sorority. I opened my envelope and saw a name that I was not expecting and I was devastated. I felt unaccepted. I had received a bid from Delta Zeta. This is not the name I wanted to see on my paper, but it is what I got so I stuck it out and tried to look on the bright side.

I quickly realized that getting the bid from Delta Zeta was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have found that sorority that I dreamed of when I first thought about joining a sorority. I have made so many friends and met some many wonderful people. My sisters love me for me and it has made me the happiest girl in the world.

Not only are they your own personal therapist, but they help you with school too. They hold you to a higher standard and you are placed on a pedestal of honor when people see you in your letters. I have met my future bridesmaids, my best friends, and now my family. I am so thankful for Delta Zeta for picking me to be apart of this amazing organization. I will never be able to express my love for Delta Zeta because the words are endless.