John Scott Is Most Definitely An All-Star

The National Hockey League Really Screwed This Up.

2

John Scott was an NHL all-star this year. Great for him! As a lifelong hockey fan, I am ecstatic to see a player like Scott get the votes required to not only participate, but be a captain in the all-star game. The all-star game is going to be boring this year, like it is every year. Jonathan Toews, the captain of the Chicago Black Hawks and probably the best young leader in all of sports is sick! So he didn't play. Alexander Ovechkin, one of the greatest scorers in the history of hockey did not play either. So why does the NHL care so much if John Scott plays or not?

I do not blame Toews or Ovi for not participating. I don't even care if they're faking it. So what? The all-star game is abysmal. The players really just enjoy the break that it allows over the course of a weekend. Toews and Ovi need and honestly deserve the break. They are probably going to see each other in the Stanley Cup Finals and when they do, who is going to give a damn that they sat out of the all-star game?

But this year it's a little different. John Scott is probably going to have some health issues after his playing days are done. That's the life of an enforcer in the NHL. It's a sick and harsh reality but for now, it is part of the game. Back to John Scott, John Scott is an awesome guy. When you see a fight between two guys in the NHL, it's not because they hate each other. They fight because it is their job. And John Scott is very good at his job.

I will admit, he will be the least-skilled player in this game, but it really does not matter at all. None of these guys care about the outcome of the game. It's supposed to be fun for the fans and the players. And a lot of people really like John Scott. I, myself, absolutely love the guy. But John Scott doesn't even think he's an all-star. And that's a load of crap. Scott is a class act who does what he has to to stay in The Show. He's a family man who loves his wife and his daughters. Forget about everything for a minute, think about how much fun it's going to be for him to be on the ice with all these guys. Think about how much fun the trip to Nashville will be for his family. Think of the look on his daughters' faces when they see their dad out there skating with the best players in the world. He's going to have the time of his life, and it is going to be an awesome moment for hockey.

I'm a hockey player and I'll admit, I have always dreamed of playing in The Show, the all-star, and game seven of the Cup Finals. John Scott was the same kid at some point. Every player in the NHL, once upon a time, was that ten-year-old kid who would give anything to play hockey for the the rest of his life. John Scott is living the dream right now. The best part of all of this is that he is going to fit right in. None of the other players at that game will feel like he doesn't belong. Hockey doesn't work like that. John Scott being voted into the all-star game as a captain is great for the NHL and the sport in general.