Joe Biden's Inauguration Is A Sign That Hope And Stability Will Return To America After Four Miserable Years
News

Sanity has finally come back

453

After waiting four years for this moment to arrive, it finally happened. Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States and Kamala Harris made history as the first woman, person of color, and south Asian descent to become the Vice President. We are given a chance to celebrate this victory and have a glimpse of hope after years of fear, sadness, and embarrassment. America is on the verge of healing from the damages brought upon us by the previous administration.

The day the electoral votes were being counted to verify Joe Biden's win of the 2020 election was also when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building (which was built by slaves) and committed vandalism and theft while trying to take government officials hostage in an attempted coup to overturn the election. It was undetermined whether Trump ordered his base to storm the Capitol was an act of vanity or humiliation.

According to NPR, Trump attempted to defend his actions before the Capitol was stormed. However, the way he ordered his supporters to march down to the Capitol and act rebellious, along with his tweets are evidence that he incited the violence. He had failed to put a stop to the riot sooner, (when he the one responsible for causing it), and he did not speak about the attack until after it was over and everyone left.

The behaviors displayed during the attempted coup and insurrection against our Democracy was disgusting and shameful. The unpatriotic cult that were involved needs to be locked up and traitors like Trump who incited the violence need to be punished to the full extent of the law.

America now has a chance to recover from the damage that Trump has done now that Democrats have regained control back in all three branches of government. The Senate victories of Ossoff and Warnock have given Democrats the opportunity to help this country to recover. Even though the journey will be difficult America will soon become a peaceful and safer place again.

It was a blessing to watch the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on Wednesday. Everything was amazing, including concert to mark this special time. Joe Biden spent his first day as President signing executive orders in the Oval Office of the White House. The first one mandates all citizens to wear masks and social distance while on federal property. He also announced that he will invoke the Defense Production Act to strengthen the vaccine supply chain.

President Biden overturned Donald Trump's disastrous policies. He signed an executive order to freeze student loan payments until September 30th, which will help 41 million American student loan borrowers get through the pandemic crisis without bankruptcy. He also halted the dangerous construction of the Keystone XL pipeline that would've gone right through the sacred and sovereign land of the Great Sioux Reservation in Montana.

By rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement, President Biden is making sure there are no more leases for oil and gas drilling in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and is moving toward reversing Trump's opening of national monuments for drilling. Like many Americans, I have faith the Biden Administration will lead this country towards unity, deliver optimism, and continue Obama's legacy because the hope we once lost has finally come back.