LGBTQ Community Within The Christian Community

Jesus Loves the LGBTQ community, too

Be kind and spread God's love.

141
Jesus Loves the LGBTQ community, too

Growing up, the LGBTQ community was well known in my family, it was normal. There was nothing weird or uncomfortable about it. But as the years went on I was educated more and more on people's opinions and horrid words towards this community.

Before you're quick to judge and stop reading what I have to say, remember to have an open mind. Yes, I grew up in the bible belt so obviously, I was taught in church that it was a major sin for people to be homosexual. It's also a sin to judge and belittle people but who's pointing fingers?

Each year I become more involved in this community and truth be told I have never met human beings that are so down to earth and welcoming. I travel to the other end of the United States and feel more welcome in the home of two gay men than I do in the home of a straight man and woman 20 minutes from my home. Growing up in a family that supports the LGBTQ community has taught me to accept other beliefs and opinions.

We weren't put on earth to judge one another.

Life is supposed to be beautiful, it's supposed to be filled with love and happiness. You're obviously going to have bad days because no one is perfect but at the end of the day, you should be happy. People claim to be Christians (I claim this), but Jesus walked with the sinners.

If you believe that it's a sin to be homosexual, transgender, lesbian, etc., then why aren't you living your life like Jesus did? That's what we're supposed to do, right? We were made in his image and it is very clear that we are to show people, even sinners, God's love because God is love. I just want people to understand that to be a true follower of Christ you must show people love, even people that you don't agree with.

It's ludicrous that people claim to have Jesus in their heart, but they can't find it in their heart to show love towards the LGBTQ community. Jesus doesn't care who you were or what sins you've committed, he is judge free. His loving arms are always wide open. It's not about who's right and who's wrong, it's 2018 people, we live in a world full of hate, be the light that brightens someone's day.

Be kind to one another.

And to the Christians who try and change the minds of the LGBTQ community and their supporters, STOP. Respect is something that is earned in my opinion. Respect one another and agree to disagree. There's absolutely no reason to act like a child because someone is different than you. I'm going to let you in on a little secret: EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT THAN YOU. No one is the same, that's a perk, trust me. So, to get respect, give respect.

Regardless of how you believe, I think everyone should be able to agree that love wins. God is love, so love must be the most powerful gift God gave us. If you have love in your heart you're a happier human, and it brings joy to others. Just because someone loves in a different way than you, doesn't mean that they're wrong and you're right. Love will always wins. At the end of every day, love is all you have.