Kanye Declaring "Jesus Is King" Is Exactly What Modern-Day Christians Need

On October 25, Kanye West released an album entitled Jesus Is King. People have had mixed reviews, but I am not here to review his music or talk about my opinion of the album. I am here to talk to Christians. The ones who are saying Kanye doesn't have the right to claim Jesus, the ones who are judging him for his past, the ones who aren't celebrating this.

Modern-day Christians have rejoiced over Selena Gomez singing with Hillsong. They have celebrated Justin Bieber each time he has declared Christ, despite all of the times he has turned away from his faith. Over and over again celebrities have turned from death to life and Christians have cheered them on just like they would someone in their own church coming to know Christ.

My question is - what makes Kanye any less than all the other celebrities? And not even just celebrities, what makes him any less than anyone who has come to know Christ?

Romans 3:23 - "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Luke 19:10 - "for the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost."

Hebrews 2:11 - "both the One who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters."

Verse after verse we are shown that not only are none of us worthy of our salvation but also once we receive it God is not ashamed of us. No matter what we did before Christ, we are all loved the same.

Kanye is proclaiming Christ knowing that he failed. He is proud of his faith and today's Christians need that.

We are scared. We live in shame. We act out of fear. We don't love well.

Kanye turned to Jesus and produced an album that in just 5 days is already projected to be a No. 1 album. In just 5 days those 11 songs have been featured in the top 15. In just 5 days over 25 million people have heard the name of Jesus. Those 11 songs are bringing the name of Jesus and the story of redemption to ears that may not have heard the Gospel without it, YET there are still Christians saying that Kanye West should not be singing about Jesus.

Well let me just say that they are right - he shouldn't be, but then again none of us should. None of us should have been given a free gift of salvation, BUT we were. The same God who sent His Son to die for our sins is the same God who sent His Son to die for Kanye's sins and that is the best gift we could ever be given.

So praise the Lord Kanye West learned about Jesus. Praise the Lord someone took the time to tell him that he may not be worthy of it, but that doesn't mean he can't have it. Praise the Lord that he released that even though he said he was king for years he noticed that the True King loves him still.