Jesus: Black Or White?

Jesus: Black Or White?

What Was The Race Of Jesus Christ?
10073

I’ve noticed a topic come up a lot more recently with all the prejudice, discrimination, and racism going on in the world. It’s Jesus Christ’s skin tone. Apparently, all of us, religious or not, are asking the question, what race was Jesus exactly?

On one hand, we have white people screaming he was a white man. Which if you look at every photograph, painting, or portrait anywhere, this would support that statement. Just take a look back, every church you’ve ever been in has a picture somewhere of Jesus. Usually, unless it’s a black church (and even some of them have pictures of him being white), that picture is of a white Jesus. If you Google, Jesus Christ, pictures of a white man with beautiful long, brown hair with brown sometimes blue eyes is what will appear. So I guess that should settle it, right?

Wrong. We also have the black people screaming he was a black man. What supports this? A poet by the name of Crystal Valentine wrote a poem. In the poem, she demolishes reporter Megyn Kelly for nationally declaring that Jesus had to be white. In the poem she states, “How can she say Jesus is a white man when he died in the blackest way possible. With his hands up, with his mother watching.” That statement is correct. Jesus died on a cross with common criminals. He surrendered himself to the law and yet they still crucified him. His father, God himself, even told him that he would die in body, but not soul. Jesus told his disciples that “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men”. This sounds sort of like a parent telling their child to brace for the race of men that will stand against him. Jesus, like lots of Black men lately died at the hands of men who disliked them and condemned them as thugs for no reason at all. So that’s it, right? The BIBLE proves that Jesus died like black men therefore he is black.

Wrong again. We’re looking at it from the wrong angles. He’s not white just because some person decided to paint him that way because they liked the way it looked. He’s not black because he suffered by the hands of men to free us from sin. The Bible does tell his race and what he looks like though. You just have to read carefully.

1. Jesus had short hair

There was no long haired Jesus. It was wrong for men to have long hair because that was meant for women. First Corinthians 11 states, “Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him.” So why would the Son of God have long hair?

2. He had a fairly bad grade of hair

There are multiple scriptures that tell you that his hair sucked. His hair is almost always compared to sheep’s wool. It was in Daniel 7 (his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool) and again in Revelations 1 (the hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow).

3. He had a darker skin tone with dark eyes

Come on guys. I shouldn’t even have to use scriptures for this one. Like he lived in the desert. Born and raised there. You know, that place where it’s hot because of the constant sun…but, just in case, here’s a few. There’s Daniel 10 (His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze) and Revelations 1 again (his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace… His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance) and Ezekiel 40 (I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze).

Okay. So, let’s be honest…he kind of sounds black. Like you can’t deny The Bible. I also, looked up the different Bibles online and they all say this in some fashion so…there shouldn’t really be an argument, but hey. What do I know?