10 Reasons Why Jeni's Ice Cream Is The Best

10 Undeniable Reasons Why Jeni's Is The Best Ice Cream Company Of All Time

That $12.00 pint is truly worth it.

1185

With so many ice cream brands out there, it's tough to stand out. You have your classics like Edy's and Breyer's, your low-cal options of Halo Top and Enlightened, your indulgent pints such as Talenti or Ben & Jerry's — it really just depends on what you're in the mood for.

But what if I told you that there was one brand far superior to the rest? A brand that has grown tremendously over the years, is known worldwide, and has been featured in articles from Forbes to Delish to The Washington Post? Well, you're in luck, because it's known as "Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams," and here are 10 obvious reasons as to why you need their sweet treats in your life:

1. Their founder is the definition of a lady boss

Jeni Britton Bauer has not had success handed to her on a silver platter. After having a previously failed ice cream company called Scream, she went back to the drawing board to re-work her business plan and came back even stronger with Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams. Despite trials & tribulations, she never lost her passion. She continues to thrive in this male-dominated industry, staying true to herself and her mission of serving others.

2. The flavors are incredibly unique & special.

I'm just gonna take a wild guess here, but I really don't think you'll be able to find flavors like Goat Cheese & Red Cherries, Oregon Fir, Sweet Corn & Black Raspberries, or Riesling Poached Pear anywhere else but here. I mean, they even have a flavor modeled after Pad Thai, a savory Asian noodle dish, called Bangkok Peanut. How original!

3. They have physical shops across the U.S.

With scoop shops in Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, Charleston, Atlanta, Washington D.C, and more, there's always an opportunity to stop in to grab a scoop or two.

4. Not near a scoop shop? You can either ship to your house or pick up a pint in-stores! 

If there's anyone who understands that getting out of bed on a Sunday is quite impossible, it's Jeni's. Thankfully, you can have your favorite flavors shipped right to your doorstep for a special occasion, or sign up for their "pint club" to receive four pints delivered four times a year. Or, if you happen to be out shopping at your local Whole Foods, Super Target, Publix, etc., check in the frozen section to snag a pint!

5. They collaborate with breweries for beer & wine pairing events.

Whoever said "ice cream is a kid's game" has never been more wrong. In the spring & summertime, Jeni's comes together with local breweries to host pairing events featuring their delicious ice creams combined with drinks to complement the flavors. Seriously, who else does that?

6. Their flavors are fair-trade, organic, handmade, and local.

For years & years, Jeni has maintained relationships with local businesses to help make her ice cream dreams a reality. Life-long partners like Hirsch Farms, McKenzie Creamery, Watershed Distillery, and Intelligentsia Coffee supply Jeni's with the best quality ingredients to create the best quality products.

7. The make their signature buttercrisp waffle cones in-house.

They say you'll always smell a Jeni's scoop shop before you see one. Their employees churn out these deliciously sweet waffle cones each day that lure customers in from down the street for a quick bite.

P.S. They just released their new waffle bowls for 2019 which have received great reviews!

8. Their employees are truly outstanding.

Scooping frozen desserts for 6+ hours isn't exactly easy, but their hardworking employees sure make it look like it is. These people behind the counter really know their stuff, too. With every free sample (yes, there is no limit) you try, the workers give a full flavor profile and will answer any questions regarding allergies or dietary restrictions. They always have a smile across their face & help to create a warm, light-hearted atmosphere.

9. Their merchandise is actually super cute.

In addition to sweatshirts, they supply mugs, ice cream scoops, t-shirts, pins, hats, and tote bags!

10. Their mission is simple:

According to its website, Jeni's is "absolutely devoted to making better ice creams and bringing people together". Not to mention, their company also supports many culturally relevant movements such as LGBTQ+ rights, women's rights, encouraging citizens to vote, and racial equality. So, not only do their products taste good, but you feel good supporting a business who supports the American people.