16 Of The Best Star Wars Jedi Ranked

16 Of The Best Star Wars Jedi Ranked

Who is the best of the best?

545
16 Of The Best Star Wars Jedi Ranked
Tobias Cornille

Okay, so here are some ground rules first:

1. Not every Jedi is listed. If you want a list with Coleman Kacaj or Even Piell, I'm warning you now, they're not here.

2. These are Jedi only in the movies. Sorry, Ahsoka Tano, you're cool, but not cool enough as Oppo Rancisis. Who is that? You'll find out. (Also, Ahsoka is way cooler, but I had to narrow down the list somehow)

3. These are my own opinions. I am both 100% wrong and 100% right. I'm telling you this right off the bat. I am not an expert. I've just been a fan of Star Wars since forever so I decided to write something that I'm interested in. So, please, I'm begging you, waste your time and argue with me in the comments. I will not answer, but I will take picture of it if it's funny and cherish it forever. So, also, make it funny so I can send it to my friends. Thanks in advance!

4. TO AVOID LAST JEDI SPOILERS SKIP LUKE SKYWALKER AND REY SECTIONS OF THIS LIST! You've been warned.

5. Let's get into it, shall we?

16. Stass Allie

Not much is known about the Tholothian, Strass Allie. After her cousin's death (who was also a Jedi) she was brought in to take his place and serve on the council. She, as well as many others on this list, lost her life during Order 66. She was killed by clone commander Neyo as they rode on speeders. As soon as Neyo got the message to execute Order 66, he slowed his speeder and shot her from behind. Her lifeless body then flung the bike, into the air, and landed somewhere (most likely with a splat. Yummy.).

15. Yarael Poof

Yarael Poof is a Quermian. And he has a long neck to prove it. Like a really long neck. I'm not even going to give you any facts about him because all you need to see is his neck. In fact, that's why he's on this list. I mean look at that thing. How does he fight with that? If he's beheaded will it grow back? I have so many questions! I need an Anthology film. Come on LucasFilm, "Yarael Poof: A Star Wars Story: Yep, that Jedi with the Neck. You're Welcome." Talk about a hit! Amiright?

14. Yaddle

If you've ever wondered, "Hmmm I wonder what Yoda would look like as a female...," look no further! I present Yaddle, the female from whatever race Yoda is. Just as hot as you were thinking right? George Lucas didn't disappoint. She is very quiet, but very intelligent. She took a much lesser role on the council, she actually left the council for unknown reasons (she's a real partier and the council's strict rules were too restrictive for her partying lifestyle. That's just my opinion. But I think I'm right).

13. Oppo Rancisis

Beyond, hands down, 100%, without a doubt the hottest of the Jedi. LOOK AT THOSE NAILS. Trained by Yaddle herself when Oppo was an infant (can you imagine how old Yaddle is?), this member of the council is an Thisspiasian male was offered the throne on his homeward. Unlike Yaddle, who probably would've taken the offer hands down and partied until she became one with force, Rancisis, on the other hand, said, "Nah bro, nah," (exactly word-for-word) and stayed on the council.

12. Saesee Tiin

A male Iktotchi and a Jedi master on the council. He's the horny one. He's the all around good at everything kind of person that you hate. He's a good pilot, a good general to the clones, and a good fighter. At least until his death at the hands of Senator/Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious/The Emperor/The Man with One Too Many Names/He Who Must Not Be Named Because It Takes Four Years To Say All Of His Names. But yeah, he got killed in combat. He's still horny though.

11. Ki-Adi-Mundi

He has a forehead. A nice beard-stache combo. Some spunky eyebrows. And a fashion sense that goes beyond the force. Sadly he died during Order 66. He's a Cerean who has one the annual Cerean forehead contest so many times that after his death they now call it the Mundi Contest (that's a lie, but I really want to be real).

10. Anakin Skywalker

"What? Wait... you're kidding," you're probably thinking, and that's fair. Although, he's always been a very mehhh Jedi and person to me. He was annoying as a kid, too cheesy as a teen and too angsty as an adult. His whole existence is annoying. He totally redeems himself as Darth Vader, which is why he's not the lowest on this list, but this is a Jedi list. As a Jedi, he was winey and got annoyed when he wasn't given what he wanted. A lot of this is because of the writing/acting combo, but what we have to watch is the only way to truly judge and, to me, he's annoying.

9. Plo Koon

Of the Key Dor race, Koon needs a breathing mechanism to survive in oxygen filled environments. He was one of the main commanders for the clones, which got him killed during, you guessed it, Order 66.

8. Shak Ti

A female Togruta, Shak Ti served on the Jedi council. She started as a commander of the clones and went through the ranks as she became overseer of the clone training process on Kamino. She died in battle at the hands of Palpatine himself. Fun fact time: She was the only Jedi who had two death scenes. The first one, was at the hands of General Grievous. In the beginning of Episode III, she is being held prisoner and was stabbed. This was cut early on, but it is a deleted scene if you ever wanted to check it out.

7. Kit Fitso

A Nautolan, Jedi General of the clones, and Jedi master, AND olympic swimmer. Kit Fisto can do it all, which is why he's so high up on this list. While he died at the hands of Palpatine, he was one of the very few survivors of the battle of Geonosis; and there were over 200 Jedi there, so he knows how to swing a lightsaber.

6. Qui-Gon Jinn

Sadly, we didn't get to see a lot from Jinn as he died in Episode I at the hands of Darth Maul. However, what we do know about him is very interesting as he seems to be the only one who questions how the Jedi operate. He allows anger and other emotions in; and if he were still alive to train him, perhaps Anakin wouldn't have turned. I would have loved to see more from Jinn and I'm hoping, at some point, we'll see more in an anthology film.

5. Luke Skywalker

Star Wars' first hero. Unlike his father, (1980s spoiler: his father is Darth Vader) I was almost completely not annoyed with how he grew up. He went from super curious, to powerful Jedi, and it was great to see. SPOILERS

I'm very happy that he got a well-deserved peaceful death, right after a fantastic final battle sequence. I thought this was brilliantly Han-dled (I'm trying to get a joke in, you're welcome).

4. Rey

SPOILERS

Surprise! She's the last Jedi. Good luck with that heavy load. But honestly, if anyone could pull it off, it's probably her. Now, we got where she came from, but is it true? I don't know. I'm kind of hoping it is to be honest. That would be awesome if she came from nothing and was able to do everything she has been able to do without any training. Also, I like how she's been Chewie's co-pilot.

3. Mace Windu

The man. The myth. The legend. The purple lightsaber. He's just all around awesome. Just from watching him swing his lightsaber in a fight, you know that he knows he's the coolest there ever was and ever will be. Long live the king. Even though he died (I still blame Anakin for that one though, he totally would've killed Palpatine).

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

He's just pure. He just cares. About everything. About Anakin, the Jedi, his pals, Luke, everyone. You just have to love Obi-Wan for everything he did. He went through watching his master die in front of him, he was betrayed by his best friend/padawan, given no choice but to attempt to kill said padawan, one of two remaining Jedi after Order 66, spent his retirement in hiding from the Empire, became a hermit on Tatooine, chose to die in front of his new padawan. He had an incredibly tough life. But at the end of Episode VI, he's chilling there as a force ghosts with his pals. He was a good soul until the end.

1. Yoda

My personal favorite out of the Jedi (and Star Wars as a whole). The super powerful, pint sized alien started as a padawan and worked his way up to Grand Master of the Jedi. That's right, at a whopping 2.2 feet, he's the leader of the Jedi. Unmatched in wisdom, lightsaber wielding, force capabilities, and age (he lived for almost 900 years); ultimate Jedi he is. What I personally love the most about him is that with everything he has under his belt, he's so kooky and lovable in his old age. The first Star Wars film I saw was Empire Strikes Back and that scene where he's looking through Luke's things and hitting R2-D2 with his cane is still my favorite.

There are so many that I could have listed, but these are just my favorites. Which are yours?