Jason Kulpa, San Diego CEO, Reveals 3 College Saving Tips

Jason Kulpa, San Diego CEO and Founder of Jason Kulpa Wife Scholarship, Reveals 3 Smart Ways to Tame the High Cost of College

The cost of college is going nowhere but up, but you do not have to succumb to all that debt.

30783

If you are worried about the high cost of higher education, you are not alone. With the cost of college tuition going nowhere but up and financial aid holding steady or going down, even middle- and upper-class parents often worry that they will not be able to make their dreams of a college education for their children come true.

No matter who you are or where you live, the cost of a college education keeps going up. If you want to help your son or daughter graduate without crippling college loan debt, you need to think out of the box and look for creative ways to tame the high cost of a college education.

Apart from applying to scholarships to fund higher education, such as the Jason Kulpa Wife Scholarship (learn more at www.jasonkulpawife.com), there are three strategies you can use to reduce the cost of college without sacrificing the education your child needs and deserves.

1. Use Tuition Assistance to Enhance Your Career at Virtually No Cost

Even in today's high-cost college environment, there is a way to get an excellent education and do it at virtually no cost. This path may take longer, but the thought of graduating from college with a stable full-time income and no debt whatsoever is undoubtedly an attractive one.

There is something to be said for entering the workforce right after high school, and a growing number of young people are considering this option. Many employers offer tuition assistance to even entry-level workers and going to college part time while working full time is more feasible than ever, thanks to the widespread availability of online learning and virtual college courses.

If you take this approach, you could graduate with marketable skills your current employer will appreciate, setting you up for future promotions and a higher salary. Best of all, the cost of that education could be negligible, putting you on a sound financial footing and helping you enjoy even greater success while your peers are struggling with college debt.

2. Take Advantage of Work/Study Opportunities

Working your way through school does not necessarily mean delivering pizzas on the weekend or tending bar in the evenings. Many colleges provide work/study opportunities for their students, giving young people the chance to earn a living while securing their future education.

Some of these work/study opportunities are limited a single field of education, while others are open to all. If you are looking for a way to avoid college loan debt, you owe it to yourself to check out these work/study opportunities and take advantage of them when you can.

3. Start with a Community College Education

Compared to the cost of a four-year college or university, the price of community college is a real bargain. More and more community colleges are offering courses specifically designed to give budget-conscious learners a head start on the education they need.

Taking your first year or two of education at a community college could save you a ton of money on tuition and room and board. Once you have a solid background in your course of study, you can transfer your community college credits to a four-year school and continue your education without incurring huge college loan debt.

The cost of college is going nowhere but up, but you do not have to succumb to all that debt. If you are willing to think outside the box and take an unorthodox path to higher education, in addition to seeking out and applying for niche scholarships such as the Jason Kulpa Wife Scholarship, you could escape the college loan trap and get a jump start on a great career.

About: The Jason Kulpa Wife Scholarship is just one of several investments Jason Kulpa has pledged to his community. Jason Kulpa founded San Diego based UE.co in 2008 after holding operations positions at a number of fast-growing Ad-Tech companies. Since becoming CEO, he has taken a hands-on approach to driving strategic partnerships and creating a company culture that promotes innovation and respect for high-level vision. Mr. Kulpa graduated from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.