Japanese Artists, You Need to Check Out

Japanese Artists, You Need to Check Out

Crossing culture into a new type of music

9
Japanese Artists, You Need to Check Out
Photo by Elice Moore on Unsplash

Growing up as a Korean-American I haven't been interested in any other culture besides, well, Korean and American culture. Being raised by immigrant parents, I would say I've had the perfect mix of experiencing both cultures and I don't think I completely swing one way or another. I believe music is a core segment of every culture, and I've always thought to myself: "What's the point of listening to music in a language I don't understand?" A couple years back, I was introduced to a genre of music that completely went over my head for my whole life until that point: Japanese music. After enjoying what I heard, I dug my own research and discovered many different Japanese artists and songs. With my exploration, I have compiled a list of my favorite Japanese artists, so here is that list (in no particular order).