Jane the Virgin Lent

Every person that participates in Lent knows that there are different phases — almost like the stages of grief. Now that Lent is coming to an end, I wanted to review the challenges we have all faced so far. Easter is just around the corner and we have earned it. Although everyone's Lenten experience may be a bit different, we all know the struggles of giving something up, cheating, remembering to skip the meat on Friday's, etc. The pain is almost over, so enjoy a recap of everything you've been through in the past few weeks. Here are 8 scenes from "Jane the Virgin" that understand your struggles.

Thinking of what to give up

jane the virgin

Thinking of what to give up for Lent can be so stressful, especially when your whole family won't stop asking you about it. Leave me alone!

Fat Tuesday

jane the virgin

I hope that every Catholic family out there is having a full-out FEAST on Fat Tuesday! Don't worry about your food baby; it's called Fat Tuesday for a reason, right?

Getting weird looks on Ash Wednesday

jane the virgin

You just know everyone is looking at you like this when you have that big, black smudge on your forehead. But hey, at least when you pass another ash-covered face you can give each other a solid nod. They know what's up.

Cheating

jane the virgin

This is how every Catholic grandma looks at you when they catch you cheating during Lent.

Telling yourself you won't cheat again

jane the virgin

You tell yourself, "hey, we can do this, no more cheating during Lent." You are happy and confident.

Cheating...again

jane the virgin

Let's face it. It just isn't your year. Don't worry, Lent is almost over and the shame can finally end. Be gone, shame!

Eating a fish sandwich for the 100th time

jane the virgin

Fish sandwiches are delicious. That is until you eat one every week for almost 6 weeks.

When it's finally Easter

jane the virgin

Lent was long, but the wait was well worth it. Now go have some brunch and hunt for Easter eggs!