This Youtube Drama Needs To Stop

This YouTube Drama Needs To Stop For The Sake Of The Kids Who Idolize Them

This will leave you Sister Shook

44

Okay, Sisters here's the tea, so sit down because it is piping hot!

There has been a feud between beauty guru and founder of Halo Beauty Tati Westbrook and beauty guru/Youtuber James Charles.

Tati and James have been good friends for a long time and Tati has mentored James and he even did Tati's makeup for her wedding. They have had a strong bond over the years and have constantly supported one another... until now.

It all started back in April during weekend one of Coachella when James promoted Sugar Bear Hair on his Instagram story. Tati saw this as a huge betrayal to her and her company Halo Beauty because Tati's brand and Sugar Bear hair are HUGE competitors.

Tati mentioned that James has not felt "comfortable" promoting her brand because he doesn't want to promote supplements to his young audience, but then turns around and promotes Sugar Bear Hair.

She also accused James of spreading lies about her.

Tati didn't want this feud to be public but felt that was the best decision because she didn't want anything to be misunderstood.

To make drama/feuds like this public is fueling the minds of their viewers and young children that stuff like this is okay.

They are showing their followers that you can just cut people out of your life when they make a mistake.

These are the people that us mere mortals look up to, but this is not what we should be following.

If I were in this situation, I would not have made it public in the first place. Relationships and friendships are extremely difficult and should be kept private. Instead of arguing through various forms of media, they should have contacted one another directly. This probably would have preserved their friendship as well. I do not think it was very wise to make this situation public.

We all make mistakes. There are times where we do not think that our actions could hurt someone else, but they do, and that is when we need to take the authority to apologize as well as forgive when it has been done to us.

For celebrities and Youtubers or anyone else in the media to make their problems and drama public is teaching today's youth that it's okay to treat others like dirt and spreading rumors and creating drama is "cool."

This only increases the problem of bullying in today's society. This is why we feel so self-conscious of ourselves because we compare ourselves to others and feel judged by everyone around us because the people we look up to are teaching us that it is okay to create drama, to cut people out of our lives and to spread rumors and judge others.

Instead of the drama, let's keep it to ourselves and build each other up instead.

It will not kill you to be kind. Let's look up to the people who make kindness cool.