6 Things I Already Miss about JMU, 3 Weeks into Summer Vacation

As told by "Harry Potter" because why not?

248
Caroline Walker

I never thought I would miss school after all the stress of freshman year with new surroundings, new classes, and new friends. But, coming from a girl who lives 11 hours away in a completely different part of the US, there are many things I miss about James Madison University and there are many things I am looking forward to next year... As told by "Harry Potter" because why not?

1. The food

Not only does JMU have some of the best campus food in the country, but it has the most variety for students with special diets and restrictions. I loved all the yummy healthy options that you could find at all dining halls (living in Potomac, I am biased to Festival). I have even tried recreating some of the food I liked, but it is never the same.

2. The campus

The Shenandoah Valley has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Especially on east campus, the sunset with the mountains every night breathtaking. The JMU campus is also beautiful, my favorite part and what made me fall in love with JMU is the quad with the cherry blossoms and buildings.

3. The people

The professors, students, and workers are some of the nicest people in the country, the friends I have made will last a lifetime and the professors have been nothing but helpful through my many "crises" and major changes. The students are also very inclusive and friendly throughout the entire campus. Everyone really makes it feel like you are a big community and this is your home.

4. The classes

I know this seems weird, but not having something structural to do over the summer is kind of a drag. I mean I have a job and everything, but especially if you love your major, going to classes is sort of fun. The classes at JMU, in particular, were always engaging and really challenged you to do the best that you could.

5. The social events

Whether that be football games, sports, clubs, sororities, or fraternities, activities are one of the best parts of college. Having just your high school friends during the summer is kind of lame, not to mention the lack of structured activities with friends. JMU has some lit activities, in which the ones at home just don't compare.

6. The independence

Being home with your parents is fun and all, but it was nice to be on your own and not have people in your space or telling you what to do. College is perfect for this, so I am really looking forward to that time next year.

Until next time JMU. I will miss you.