Heres What To Do In Jacksonville This Summer

14

The day has finally come. I have returned to my home, Jacksonville, Florida after spending 7 months in Kentucky at school. Naturally, upon a very-overdue trip home, one wonders what there is to do in Jacksonville during the end of July and through August. Well, I have your answers.

1. The Jacksonville Suns baseball game

The Suns will play numerous games at home through the end of August and on. Many of the games have themes so be sure to check them out.

The Suns' schedule may be found here.

2. Yoga

Numerous yoga classes are taught across Jacksonville in studios and in pop-up settings. Most are held in the early morning, around 6 or 7.

Many of these yoga classes and their times may be found here, in addition to a host of other Jacksonville events.

3. Jaguars Open Practices

Can't wait for the NFL season to begin? Watch the highly anticipated Jacksonville Jaguars practice during their frequent open practices this summer. The practices begin July 29 and run through August 9 on the practice fields at Everbank Field.

Pro tip: You must go online and RSVP to attend these open practices!

4. Riverside Arts Market

Also known as RAM, the Riverside Arts Market is held on Saturdays during the day, and features artists and artisans who sell their products in a vibrant environment. Live music and food is also on site.

For Pokémon fans: the RAM site says there are two Poké Stops on site but will not say exactly where. You will have to find them for yourself!

5. 99.9 Gator Country Free Concert Series

The concerts will be held at the Jacksonville Landing, and yes, they are free! July 28's concert starts at 6pm, and is headlined by country artist, Canaan Smith. Leading up to Smith, is Tucker Beathard, Aubrey Wollett, and Southern Sass.

6. Jacksonville Sharks Game

The Jacksonville Sharks arena football team will host Fan Appreciation night. The Sharks will be playing the Tampa Bay Storm beginning at 7pm. Fans are invited to dress to fit the theme of 70s/ Disco.

Find tickets here!

7. The Cummer Art Museum

The Cummer features art, a cafe, and beautiful gardens right on the St. John's River. While there are several beautiful permanent exhibits, there are currently three temporary exhibits. They are David Hayes: The Sentinel Series, Favorites, and Life: Contemporary Expressions of the African American Experience.

There are numerous events happening in Jacksonville, the biggest city in the United States. Get out there!