My 8 April Intentions

My 8 April Intentions

Setting small goals each month allows you to stay focused and organized while becoming a better person!

1541
Photo by Brendan Church on Unsplash

This month I decided to write a list of 8 intentions I hope to achieve. Each one is a goal I’ve set to work on for myself. I find that setting small goals such as these make achieving the bigger goals easier and even more rewarding. It gives me a sense of structure and organization to start the month off in the right direction. My intentions are used to make me a better person and hopefully you can use some of them too!

Jackie's 8 April Intentions

1. Focus on the people you have right in front of you.

Something I’ve found myself doing a lot lately is worrying about what everyone else thinks of me. Worrying about other people sometimes leads me to ignore the amazing people I have right in front of me. Strengthening those relationships will allow you realize you don’t need to worry about everyone else but rather the importance of those people right in front of you.

2. Start over.

Each month feels like a restart from whatever happened last month. This gives you the ability to start over in all aspects of your life and have a sense of freshness. For me, spring break allowed me to rest and recharge so I could come back and start fresh while finishing my sophomore year of college. Starting over can also mean beginning a new friendship or rekindling an old one!

3. Stop worrying about things you can’t control.

If you’re like me you like to have control of all aspects of your life. However, there are always going to be times where you can’t control the situation. When that happens, it’s best to step back and take a deep breath. This is something I’ve struggled with a lot recently as controlling and planning every aspect of my life is something I actually find satisfying. However, April is my month to be more go with the flow and let things happen.

4. Drink more water.

This is a goal I have every month. The more water I drink the better my body and mind feel, and I bet many of you could say the same. I try to drink at least 70 fl oz a day to make give me enough energy to make it through my busy days. It's all crucial during this time of year as lots of us get sick, drinking plenty of water keeps our bodies healthy!

5. Be more present.

This is something I also find myself struggling with sometimes. I’m the type of person who overthinks the past and uses old situations to influence the present. I found this to be extremely contradicting and unsuccessful because life is always changing. People are always changing. Things that happened in the past don’t always need to affect the now. I want to live in the moment more. Live in the now. Be more spontaneous!

6. Read more.

As much as I love reading and writing, I’ve found myself slacking on the reading aspect. Despite the amount of books I’ve been reading through my English class, I hope to read more books that interest me and my personality.

7. Make decisions.

I may be one of the worst decision makers in the world. I spend way too much time over analyzing every possible situation that could occur if I made a certain decision. Sometimes I even make decisions I’m not fully confident about, which often leads to second guessing. My goal this month is to feel confident in the choices I make and make the most out of whatever happens as a result!

8. Try new recipes.

Lastly, trying new recipes is always fun! I find a lot of my recipes on Pinterest and find that they are both simple to make and healthy too. I hope to make more homemade meals while being at school and even mix in some fun desserts.