I've Got The Music In Me

I've Got The Music In Me

What music is going on in your head?

11
I've Got The Music In Me

Music is constantly going through my head. Even if I'm not listening to music, I'm singing or humming some sort of a tune. My life is a musical in my head, and I know I'm not the only one. So, I thought it might be fun to find songs from musicals that seem to take up most of my life stories, and that a lot of other people might be able to relate to as well, especially if you're a teenage girl. (Technically I'm no longer a teenager but I've been 20 for only about a month, so most of my stories still come from my teen years.)

1. "Defying Gravity" from "Wicked."

If you haven't seen "Wicked" yet, you are sincerely missing out. This song specifically talks about Elphaba choosing to go against what everyone else is trying to get her to do because she doesn't morally believe what they want her to do is right. I don't know about you, but there seem to be some things in this world that I wish weren't happening and if I had any sort of power I would go against those authorities as well.

2. "Seasons of Love" from "Rent."

This is another one of those musicals you just have to see. I only saw it recently and, boy, was I missing out. This song I knew before I had seen the musical though. Who else feels like they can't seem to explain love or measure love for others? I know I struggle to even think about how to measure my love for the people I love, so this song puts that all into an interesting perspective.

3. "Popular" from "Wicked."

Yes, I know, another Wicked song. This one is just so silly and I can't help but love it. Even though Galinda is obviously very conceited at this time in the story and obsesses over popularity, she's still also trying to tell Elphaba that she'll help her find some self-confidence. Everyone needs a friend like that, at least have someone pushing you to be the best you that you can be.

4. "Bend and Snap" from "Legally Blonde, the Musical."

This one kind of correlates with the last song as well. This one is fun and a bit goofy, and all about a girl liking that feeling when a guy looks at her. While not everything us ladies do revolves around getting the attention of the people we like, it still feels good to be acknowledged when we do attempt to look a bit nicer one day. I don't like it when random guys whistle at me, but if I get a compliment on my dress, it definitely makes me feel good the rest of the day.

5. "Chip On My Shoulder" from "Legally Blonde, the Musical."

This song is totally awesome. It's all about working your butt off so that you can get the life that you want for yourself and for the people you love. Those things that some people use as excuses to not go after an opportunity that awaits them? That's actually the chip on your shoulder that could help you get to where you want to be! Just go for it and you never know what could happen in your life.

6. "Dancing Through Life" from "Wicked."

Man, what is it with me and Wicked songs? Well, I just love them so much, they make up most of my life. The title gives it away, but it's all about dancing through life and just having fun, and that's how I love to live my life. Who else loves to have fun in life?

These are the songs I could think of, for now, although there are definitely a lot more than just these going through my head all day, every day. Musicals are my life, and I would be happy if everyone else started singing everything in their life, as well. Music brings people together, after all.