Why Puns Make Me Happy

Why Puns Make Me Happy

"I've Got A Chicken Proof Front Lawn. It's Impeccable!"

39

"You can tune a guitar but you can't tuna fish!" "Where do you go in a square room when you are cold? The corners! They are always 90 degrees!" It is jokes such as these that bring a smile to my face and brighten my day. Though not everyone shares my immense love for puns. (As many of my friends have been sure to tell me as i bombard them with some of my favorite puns on a daily basis.) I am going to give five reasons of why i love puns while also including five examples of what are some of my personal favorites! :)

Puns can literally be about anything. Food, objects, beverages, romance. If you enjoy the light-heartedness of puns and the clever word play, you can find a pun for anyone!

1. "Becoming a vegetarian is a huge missed steak!"

* Sorry to all of my vegetarian friends out there... but as a meat lover i cannot imagine not eating a steak were it available to me! This is one way in which puns are fun you can lightheartedly poke fun at friends without being disrespectful or excessively rude! And who doesn't love talking and joking about food?!

2. "Dead batteries for sale, free of charge!"

**"Buy one for the price of two! Don't think about it just order!" i will never understand how this delightful wordplay is found annoying to some? Are you really that angry that the batteries are dead?

3. "What is the fastest drink? MILK. Because it is already pasteurized (past your eyes)"

**My father was the first one to tell me this delightful gem of a pun and i have been sharing it with teachers, friends, family and random encounters ever since! While this pun is much better when told in person it will forever be one of my favorites. When my dad first told it to me i thought i would die of laughter! Now maybe i was a little overtired but i am not lactose intolerant so this dairy pun hits the spot exactly!

4. "Invisible planes, i can't see them taking off."

**Does anyone else read this pun and think of Wonder Woman's invisible jet! Either way whoever created this pun may have been a little pessimistic but it is enjoyable all the same!

5. "I was in a supermarket and heard a man and a woman wrapped in a barcode. I said 'Are you two an item?'"

**While i am not entirely sure how you get wrapped in a barcode? Either way the joke is funny all the same! Supermarkets can be dull but jokes like this are a great way to spice up the mundane errand run!

I hope that for those of you who took the time to read this article in its entirety got a little chuckle out of the puns :) That you have either strengthened or acquired a love for puns as deep as my own!