It's The Most Stressful Time Of The Year

What every college student goes through during finals.

74

For some the holiday season really is "the most wonderful time of the year". This of course is not true when discussing finals week in college.

Before the festivities commence, students that attend college will likely be the most stressed they will be all year. Students cannot start to enjoy anything until the stress of finals is over. The parties, festivities, and get-togethers often time can get in the way of another important time of the year- final exams.

As fall semester is quickly ending, college students often times find themselves scrambling to maintain their grades and continue to be successful.

The week before winter break is extremely stressful for those in college. Students have final papers, final projects, and/or final exams during this time. Students often times must also juggle a job as busy season begins. Students must make time for all of this, as well as remaining focused.

As the holiday season is approaching more and more students find it more difficult to maintain success with college. As winter break comes up, students are more likely to become less willing to work on what is needed.

Students want to be able to focus on what they want to, which is not finals. Exams are stressful enough. All the events during this time don't make preparing and studying for exams any easier.

We know this time of year spreads holiday cheer; however, it is also a time of pressure and anxiety.As a student myself I'm struggling, but I understand how important finals week is. Finals can make or break a student's grade. Finals is what every professor has been preparing you for since the first day of the semester. Finals is supposed to be the time students need to flourish.

As a student, I know how difficult it is to finish the semester off with finals. I'm very bad at test-taking, which makes finals season even harder. I'm writing this article so that students understand they are not alone. Finals can be challenging, especially if your head is in the wrong place.

My advice as a student myself, is to relax. I know that's way easier said than done but trust me. The anxiety and pressure every student feels as they head into finals is unnecessary. Sure, I believe you should prepare yourself for exams, but you also need to get plenty of rest and treat your body with respect. Eat nutritious foods and take a break from studying if you feel overwhelmed.

Breathe in and breathe and out. Everything will be ok. Happy Holidays.