It's The Last Warped Tour, Take These Final 9 Tips For An Amazing Time

Get your a** to this festival!

65

Whats up all you pup punks. Warped Tour is just around the corner, and if you’ve heard the news, it’s the last one! Warped Tour will no longer be traveling across the country bringing the magic of punk music to peoples’ ears. 2019 would have marked the 25th anniversary of the concert series, as we know all good things must come to an end. Warped Tour originally started it 1995 an has blown up ever since.

But, punk listeners are few and far between. I know personally, that I love punk and when handed the aux cord, they usually snatch it right back. But, there are plenty of bands that are wonderfully talented, that some people wont explore because they're afraid it makes you emo. Let me tell you, just because you listen to punk, doesn't make you emo. It actually makes you ridiculously awesome because you appreciate real music, played by real people, on real instruments.

So if you're like me and your definitely going to Warped tour this summer then I don't need to tell you some important things you need to know before going, however if you’re new to the scene, here are a few things to remember, and do and not do when attending a Warped Tour.

1. There will be moshing, and yes you will get hurt, but it will be fun.

Moshing is a part of warped tour. There’s just something about angsty teenagers and young adults running around in circles pushing each other. Wall of death? I’m all in.

2. DONT FORGET YOUR BACKPACK.

Odds are you'll ending up picking up a schedule for stages and be like, “Wait? I don’t want to hold this.” So bring something to hold it in. Or you'll grab some super cool band garb you won’t want to carry around all day.

3. No flower head bands allowed!

This isn't Coachella, this isn't a rave. We are a bunch of punk kids running around trying to listen to music. If anything wear black. Don’t you dare walk in with your flower head band, its tacky and WAY too main stream.

4. Bring a highlighter or a pen.

Let me tell you how horrible it is to have to search the schedule constantly to find out which band you’re seeing next. Bring a pen or a highlighter so you can nicely layout which band comes when and plays where.

5. CASH BRING CASH

The first thing that happens when you get there, will be a small flock of bands handing out their own cd's for “donations only.” What the hell buy one, they're probably great. Next, you’ll walk in the gate and want a set schedule, cool, 2 dollars. Then you’ll be running around moshing in the sun and realize you need something to drink. 5 dollars for water. “WAIT, that Vans Warped Tour lighter over there, I need it.” Boom, 15 dollars. Bring cash.

6. Wear comfortable shoes

You’re going to be on your feet all day listening to bands. Make sure not to roll up in flip flops or heels or even tennis shoes (they’re lame). Scratch everything out and just buy a pair of Vans.

7. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

It’s important to realize we are all just trying to have a good time with our mutual love of music. So that dude is standing too close to you? Oh, well, there's actually thousands of people here, it happens. Be nice to everyone you see, they are there for the same reason as you. To have fun.

8. The set list

Check your setlist. Pull a Santa Clause, and check it once, check it twice. You’ll be so upset if you miss a band you were really hoping to catch.

9. Pay Attention.

Below I have provided a list of bands you will miss if you don’t attend Warped Tour this year.

All Time Low

Bowling For Soup

Dead Girls Academy

Pierce The Veil

Story So Far

Falling In Reverse

Asking Alexandrua

Beartooth

Issues

Knuckle Puck

Mayday Parade

Simple Plan

There’s literally too many amazing bands to name I’m going to stop there. The moral of the story is to just go to Warped Tour, you won’t be sorry.