It's Okay To Wander Alone

It's Okay To Wander Alone

Solivagant

233
It's Okay To Wander Alone
Red Follows Her Bliss

Solivagant. A word meaning wander alone, and why it will be the best thing you have ever done.If you would have asked me a few years ago if I would ever travel solo I would have told you, you are completely crazy. It was something I never saw myself doing and quite possibly enjoying. The thought of traveling alone scared the hell out of me and I questioned what I would even do with my time. It’s crazy how time can change who you are and what you find yourself enjoying.

When I decided to go on my first solo adventure, nothing made me more nervous but I knew I just had to go for it. And thank God I did because it was the most eye-opening experience I wouldn’t take back for the world. It’s not as scary as you think. Boarding the plane and thinking of every worry is completely normal but I promise when you land at your destination all the worries will be at ease. This is your time to do whatever you want! Yes, I said whatever. You are on no one’s time but your own. You can wander the streets, go catch any show, eat whenever and whatever you want too, have one drink or ten and no one will judge you, besides maybe the guy sitting a few seats down from the bar, but his opinion doesn’t matter anyway.

You won’t return the way you left. Your mind will be more open, your eyes will have seen new exciting things, you will have met new people and had conversations you never thought you would have. Your perspective will be different. Your heart will be bigger and more understanding. You will feel more peaceful and know that you can take on the world, solo. You become more confident in yourself and the energies and vibes will continue to flow in your everyday life.

You will realize how much more there is to see in this beautiful crazy world we live in. It’s going to make you want to hop right back on a plane when you get home to go learn about another city. You’re going to learn about cultures and people from all over the world, that you would never get the chance to staying in your home town.

You’ll learn how to jump out of your comfort zone quickly. From the airport, to the train into the city, to grabbing dinner at the bar rail, to a concert, you are constantly put in positions where you must talk to complete strangers. The people that I have met from just putting myself out there has been nothing but incredible. I have created friendships from all over the world because of this. We get to teach each other things that expand your mind and heart.

Next time you are thinking about visiting a new city, or country remember that you have yourself and that’s all you need! Think about the new places and people you are going to meet and the crazy adventures you could find yourself on. It’s a pretty cool feeling when you can spend a few days with yourself alone and completely enjoy the hell out of it. I would have to say that’s when you know you truly love yourself and who you are.

“Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.”-John Mayer

-Red Follows Her Bliss-

xoxo